PDA

View Full Version : baked keys

krisla
12-02-2009, 12:44 PM
Hi all. Currently working on a scene including shatters. I got the keys baked out (used the free Pulldownit plugin for Maya), and was very pleased with the result (means I really don't want to resim this...) The plan was, after fast reading through the forums at pulldownit's website, to sim at a high frame rate in order to get a slow mo effect. But I think that failed. Anyways, need to timescale the keys, but at certain places some objects spin or flip after scaling.. is there any way to treat baked animation curves so that objects don't get confused?

krisla
12-02-2009, 07:31 PM
ok, so by having a closer look on my curves, it seems Pulldownit is interperating a rotation of let's say 720 degrees as 2x360 degrees. When rotation on either axes reaches 180 degrees, the animation curve drops down to -180 the next frame and continues upwards. Dunno if all rigid solvers do this (quite new to this). So when scaling time on curves upwards one would have these gaps continue over more than one frame, hence the spin. In the graph editor one can change the rotation interperator, but I don't know how or when to use it. So at the moment I'm left to manually close the gaps by moving keys. Any other way? I'd be happy if someone could help me out:)

noticeus
12-02-2009, 08:57 PM
This sounds like a gimbal lock to me. try selecting your curves in the graph editor and use the "euler filter" under the curves menu. this should solve the problem.

krisla
12-03-2009, 09:39 PM
hi nociteus, and thx! It sure fixed the problem. I did another sim with some more shatter pieces, and this time some pieces start shaking (seemes like they're oscilliating fast(only translation this time)). I have too many curves now to go over one by one, but this problem seems kind of similar:) The euler filter didn't help me this time...

krisla
12-04-2009, 09:33 AM
sorry, just a matter of playing with tangencies, forget about it...

CGTalk Moderation
12-04-2009, 09:33 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.