PDA

View Full Version : Is using unwrap and photoshop are (some times) better than Zbrush???

eathquaketry
12-01-2009, 04:36 PM
Hi,
I learned Zbrush because i hated unwrap and i cant paint in photoshop but some times with some characters i feel that it can be easily and faster done with unwraping Or i am wrong.
Or they have to work inconjuction with each other......
I dont know anything about painting so i have problems too with Zbrush but not like photoshop, in Zbrush i got what i want but with more time.
So am i forced to learn the first choice. Or Zbrush will give me everything.
Thanks for your time......

wwswimming
12-02-2009, 02:00 PM
Hi,
I learned Zbrush because i hated unwrap and i cant paint in photoshop but some times with some characters i feel that it can be easily and faster done with unwraping Or i am wrong.
Or they have to work inconjuction with each other......
I dont know anything about painting so i have problems too with Zbrush but not like photoshop, in Zbrush i got what i want but with more time.
So am i forced to learn the first choice. Or Zbrush will give me everything.
Thanks for your time......

definitely, Photoshop can be very powerful for editing a UV-tiled image into a displacement map.

i guess it's a question of your Photoshop-fu vs. your Zbrush-fu.

developing both are worth.

eathquaketry
12-02-2009, 09:01 PM
[/QUOTE]i guess it's a question of your Photoshop-fu vs. your Zbrush-fu.

developing both are worth.[/QUOTE]

thanks for your info but Sorry what do you mean ...... some helpful artist told me that i have to work with both to get the best performence. is that what you meant?????

wwswimming
12-03-2009, 02:02 PM
i guess it's a question of your Photoshop-fu vs. your Zbrush-fu.

developing both are worth.

thanks for your info but Sorry what do you mean ...... some helpful artist told me that i have to work with both to get the best performence. is that what you meant?????

yes, basically.

i like painting Displacement maps in PShop & then using them to 3D paint in ZBrush or using them as Displacement maps in Max & Maya. it gives you a feeling for the power of Photoshop, how little things like a blurred edge in Photoshop translate into a radiused edge on a 3D object.

CGTalk Moderation
12-03-2009, 02:02 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.