PDA

View Full Version : 2D - chemical fallout

Nelis
08-20-2003, 06:06 PM
made this during spare time in the last week. its my first 2d art made with a wacom tablet, and i liked it.

i had some problems with saving this file because when i saved it to jpg it turned out to have more contrast en be more greenish...
maybe you guys can help me with that.

in the meantime here is the image.:)

please feel free to comment and give tips about the whole techinical aspect of the painting, other tips are welcome too.

greets niels

http://members.rott.chello.nl/d.sinke/radioactive_klein.jpg

Gamoron
08-20-2003, 06:39 PM
I think its pretty good. Problems are this; its too flat. You have shadows and things but the entire image looks as though the it went beneath some press. You need to pop the close things closer and draw back the further things. Its not my forte but I think it has a lot to do with having your brightest light colours in the objects that are closer to the viewer as well as the darkest areas up there at the front to. Desaturating and toning down as you recede into the background. It needs depth and that will really sharpen this thing up. The light is kind of confused to. Is there more then one light source? If so maybe you better put it in the lens so the viewer knows its there.

barcode
08-23-2003, 08:16 PM
I agree with Gamoron, you have a good start with the piece, but too flat. I would work on the head especially. I'm no expert but it seems like the light source is coming from the top left since the shadows on the mask, straps and tube are going to the bottom right. I would add a shadow on the back of the head and neck.

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 10:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.