PDA

View Full Version : Reg : Blue matte reflection on the water

murthyroto
12-01-2009, 08:34 AM
Hi guys,

i want to know the how remove blue matte reflection on the water. .

Except paint,

can u plz tell me the easy techniques in comp .

sundialsvc4
12-01-2009, 07:20 PM
Can you drop a "garbage matte" in front of the lake? If you know that none of the blue-spill in that general area is supposed to be considered for compositing purposes, any technique that you can think of to delineate that area will suffice.

You might have to get some help from the 3D people, to animate that garbage-matte layer for you, e.g. to correspond to a moving camera. It really depends upon how close that lake is to the areas where you do want to use the blue-color as a mask source. If you can simply outline a polygon-shaped region that doesn't have to move, and tell the compositor, "don't consider any blue-spill in that area," you're done. Likewise, if you can tell it to "subtract occurrences of this color-value (or a color-cast made by that color) from that area," you're done.

murthyroto
12-02-2009, 10:47 AM
Thank you for your valueble suggestion, but already we are using this plan in our studio, in that lake flowers, swans and character reflections also there .thats why i want more easy way to do in comp. let me know plz if you know. . Thank you once again. . . . . .

sundialsvc4
12-05-2009, 02:41 AM
I do not mean to suggest that you are matting-out everything, only that you provide some means for the computer to know where it needs to ignore, to remove, or to attenuate (as the case may be...) "all that blue."

You then set up a node-network that, using the matte to delineate the area of (dis-)interest, and zeroing on the blue-color within that area, removes the color. Everything else "flows around it" and is therefore unaffected.

CGTalk Moderation
12-05-2009, 02:41 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.