PDA

View Full Version : camera depth pass and particle clouds

king21
11-30-2009, 08:53 PM
Hi,

I have been struggling whole day to get camera depth pass work in maya 2010 for nparticle clouds.

I have successfully test it on polygonal objects and it works perfectly with Nuke.

But i seem not able to get it work on nparticle clouds.

Please it is urgent any help would be great.

Thanks in advance,

Jure

InfernalDarkness
12-01-2009, 06:33 AM
I may be mistaken, but rendering a z-depth for clouds could be quite a chore. I'm certain you can get a z-depth for the particles, but the clouds themselves might be quite tricky. That said, I know they implemented z-depth in Vue 8 for volumetrics, so I'm certain it's possible...

I'll give it a shot and see what I can come up with. I'm facing a huge project where z-depth is going to play a major role, and also need to know how to make it work with clouds.

If it's not possible, then a depth-based raycast shader might have to be created to make it possible.

king21
12-01-2009, 07:15 AM
Thanks for quick reply.

I tough i would be complicated it always is hehe. So there is no other solution to this problem?

Thanks a bunch!

Jure

ucsuro
12-02-2009, 03:39 AM
Hi,

I have been struggling whole day to get camera depth pass work in maya 2010 for nparticle clouds.

I have successfully test it on polygonal objects and it works perfectly with Nuke.

But i seem not able to get it work on nparticle clouds.

Please it is urgent any help would be great.

Thanks in advance,

Jure

here is a simple trick.

set particle color to constant black, and assign an envFog to your scene(software render - render options - post processing)
and render it with mr.
(software renderer has some alpha sorting bugs)

http://pds16.egloos.com/pds/200912/02/56/e0067956_4b15e0e1dea21.jpg

InfernalDarkness
12-02-2009, 04:24 AM
Awesome. Should work pretty well with my scene!

king21
12-02-2009, 06:15 AM
UAU nice one,

Thanks i will give it a go.

Jure

CGTalk Moderation
12-02-2009, 06:15 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.