PDA

View Full Version : [3DSMax10:Bones-IKHISolver]Weird rotating/snapping issue

BrendanJB
11-29-2009, 03:50 PM
Hey everyone, I've been doing a little 3D work for school and I've hit a bit of a snag with my animation, and now bones are messed up no matter what movie I make them in.

I created the bones by going to systems>bones and making 4-5 bones through the middle of the fish that I modeled. I skinned it, animated it and it all went fine, then I imported and merged it in to my other max file that contained my scene. This is when my fishes skin stretched far in to the distance, and I had to reapply the skin modifier, and I had to rebone the fish, as the bones were not moving.

After reboning the fish, I tried it out and now the bones don't move properly. Instead, they kind of jerk around weirdly, and rotate, even though I am simply using the movement tool. When I move the bones to their outer most bound they become more fluent, and when I straight them up again they become jerky and unpredictable.

I'm sorry if I didn't explain myself well or if I missed out important info, I'm completely new at this. Any help is appreciated!

Thanks in advance

Brendan

CGTalk Moderation
11-29-2009, 03:50 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.