PDA

View Full Version : Confused About Location Of New Sketchbook

kidrow
11-29-2009, 11:41 AM
Hi all. This is my very 1st post here. I'm confused about where I should create my sketchbook & would like some guidance. Should I create a new Sb in the 2d WIP section or the anatomy section? Or is it ok to create one in both [so anatomy related posts go in the proper forum]?

It's been a long time since I've done any drawings seriously [in fact, way back in my teens], but I'm planning to rectify that. I don't really know what I'll be posting in the Sb, but I suspect it'll be a bit of everything [including anatomy studies]. I'm planning to be a part of the daily sketch group as well.

My main aim behind creating a Sb is improving upon whatever skills I have, with your help.

So which forum would be more appropriate?

Thanks, & apologies if I've erred in any way.

kidrow
12-03-2009, 02:45 PM
Well, I guess I've waited long enough for a response. I think I'll probably create a Sb in the 2d WIP section. [I think the anatomy Sb is for anatomy alone whereas the 2d WIP Sbs are all encompassing].

Kirt
12-03-2009, 03:13 PM
2D WIP forum is for individual pieces that you are working on. Any sketchbooks posted there will be moved to ... the sketchbook forum.

It is also OK for you to create more than one thread at a time on CGTalk. Maybe create a thread in the Anatomy forum for your anatomy sketches and a sketchbook thread in the sketchbook forum for everything that's not anatomy studies (I don't get how that's confusing ... but whatever). :shrug:

kidrow
12-05-2009, 04:26 PM
2D WIP forum is for individual pieces that you are working on. Any sketchbooks posted there will be moved to ... the sketchbook forum.

It is also OK for you to create more than one thread at a time on CGTalk. Maybe create a thread in the Anatomy forum for your anatomy sketches and a sketchbook thread in the sketchbook forum for everything that's not anatomy studies (I don't get how that's confusing ... but whatever). :shrug:

Confused cos there's a sketchbook sub-forum in each of those sections I've mentioned. & whether having 2 separate Sbs in each of those sub-forums is OK.

Kirt
12-05-2009, 06:38 PM
I'm sorry but that doesn't even make sense to me. Why would we not allow you to post more than one thread if each thread is relevant to the forum in which it is posted?

Hell, if you wanted more than one thread in the anatomy sketchbook forum, I can't see how it wouldn't be allowed if the content was different. If your plan is to create a duplicate thread in each forum with the same exact content, then I could see how we'd object and possibly be confused as to why you would do something like that.

kidrow
12-05-2009, 06:57 PM
Heh heh, thanks for clearing up the confusion, Kirt. Guess I was just being too careful here. Now, I'll just stop thinking & start posting. Thanks for your help.

CGTalk Moderation
12-05-2009, 06:57 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.