PDA

View Full Version : nevercenter Silo 2.0 a good buy?

jonnyutah
11-28-2009, 10:49 PM
Waht do you guys think of nevercenter silo 2? Seems like a really cool modeling app for $159. looks like a nice cheap alternative to zbrush, modo and mudbox. some of the models i've seen created with it really have that maya/softimage hollywood look.

KristopherLee
11-29-2009, 12:04 AM
I bought it a year ago. I've used it ever since as my replacement application for modeling only. It is not without it's bugs and development seems to have been brought to a halt. If I were you, I'd join us over at http://www.silo3d.com/forum/ and check out the community discussion area and the feedback area.

You will get a mixed reaction but coming from someone who uses it for all my paid work, whether its still in development or not, it was a good buy and does the job extremely well.

Veehoy
11-29-2009, 12:44 AM
A year ago I couldnīt have praised it enough. But seeing how Nevercenter the last year has shut down all communication with itīs user base, there has been no updates, and no clarification from them as to what is going on, the general opinion seems to be that Silo is dead. I strongly feel that I canīt recommend it anymore since its future seems so uncertain. So how much use and lifetime you will get out of it is probably up to you to decide.
Also, people have different experiences with it due to bugs so you should probably try the demo just to see how it runs on your system.

jonnyutah
11-29-2009, 04:45 AM
yeah I hear that it=t's quite buggy from some other forums too. i have played around a bit with the demo and it runs fine so far. appreciate the advice. I'll check out the forums.

CGTalk Moderation
11-29-2009, 04:45 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.