PDA

View Full Version : Image Plane- How to twist with camera

DragoCG
11-27-2009, 08:48 PM
I have a camera moving on an animated path through an asteroid field. I have a starfield image as the background image plane for the camera. I have the image plane attached to the camera, but when the scenes render, the image plane stays static in the background and does not twist along with the movement of the camera. Can anyone tell me how to make this background image plane move in sync with the camera? I must be missing something...

longrayjohnson
11-28-2009, 08:22 AM
is the starfield image static or is it a animated sequence ? if it is static and moving with the camera i would exspect it to be static all the time. so if you want a starfield background that is reacting to cameramovement you have to use a sphere surrounding the scene.

DragoCG
11-29-2009, 09:21 PM
I tried the sphere initially, but did not like the image quality I was getting. Even after laying out UV's on the sphere, the graphics just looked too stretched and washed out.

Does anyone know how I can import the camera move data from maya into after effects and apply it to a graphic as the background? I've created pass contribution maps so I have my elements isolated. I can then bring them in to composite, but I want to make sure the background twists and turns in sync with the camera. Is there a tutorial on this somewhere or can anyone provide some direct advice? Thanks.

CGTalk Moderation
11-29-2009, 09:21 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.