PDA

View Full Version : Painting Growing Trees

villean
11-26-2009, 03:01 PM
We recently bought Vue 8xStream because it allows us to animate a growing tree and export is to max. But the thing is I need to grow like 500K trees (twelve tree types). I already painted 750K trees using the paint eco system but is does not allow me to paint growing trees. Is it possible to paint your own animated trees? Or is the a better far easer way to do this?

dburdick
11-26-2009, 06:00 PM
I don't think animation of tree geometry is possible when the trees are used in ecosystems. I just tried it in Vue and it doesn't allow me to do this. I can create tree animations of individual trees but not when they are used in an ecosystem. Sounds like a good feature request.

Another way to fake this might be animate the scale properties of the Eco material itself to simulate a growing effect.

villean
11-26-2009, 07:40 PM
Sounds like good thing to try tnx, will keep you updated how it turn out.

teruchan
11-28-2009, 12:41 PM
I've never tried this, but considering that EcoSystem objects can be animated, is it possible you have to create your growing tree first, and save it with the animation? That way you are building the EcoSystem, not from the original plant, but from a version you saved with animation.

villean
11-30-2009, 09:40 AM
I was unable to animate the eco system but teruchan's idea worked. I created a tree and animated it over time and then saved the tree as an VOB file. I then painted these trees using paint object and it worked. :applause:

Izaro
11-30-2009, 03:25 PM
Excellent suggestion:Well worth knowing. Many thanks Teruchan...

dburdick
11-30-2009, 07:39 PM
Cool! I just tried teruchan's idea and indeed it does work. Thanks for this great tip.

CGTalk Moderation
11-30-2009, 07:39 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.