PDA

View Full Version : Zbrush -> Maya : Normal map seams

ijksd
11-26-2009, 06:28 AM
hi guys, i've been having some trouble with this problem for some time now, and i've tried fixing it by myself but wasn't any sucessful at it, and though i'd ask here for some help.

I've been doing the process of maya model to z-brush (high poly model, & tangent normal mapping) and fix any seams when it is first produced with Z-brush Applink with photoshop, all so familiar with. Now, i've been doing this process for some time now, but it started to give me a problem on the new characters im workin on for this years demo reel.

When i view the model with the real time high quality render mode (as well as the mental ray renders), with only (seam fixed)normal map texture slapped on to the bump mapping section, i see a very clear solid seam around the UV borders(places i've fixed) but not when its is viewed as a color map texture, and when i slap on the un-fixed original normal map on to the bump mapping section, it is as if i've took my time fixing those seams! the clear visible ones are completely gone, however, i can still see light seams when i zoom in closer around the UV border.

This happens with all my other models, and i did paint the BG the midtone color of the texture.

i use Z - brush 3.1 and maya 2008.

How can I Fix this Seams?!!!

CGTalk Moderation
11-26-2009, 06:28 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.