PDA

View Full Version : Demoreel 09

Rore
11-25-2009, 02:55 PM
Hi everyone!

I have just finished my reel. They are only my personal and student projects in this reel.
I'd really like some feedback or critics on what I made, as it is about my first reel.

http://vimeo.com/7349267

Thanks in advance...

Geoff.

TheNeverman
11-25-2009, 10:28 PM
As a student, your probably still exploring and discovering what aspects of CG you enjoy - and this is a great time/place to do that... As far as demoreel critiques:

Pretty good collection of projects here, but it's tough to tell where your interests are, the reel shows character animation, some dynamics/effects work, compositing? and modeling/lighting... If this reel will be used to seek employment in the future, I'd focus on the area you plan to pursue rather than trying to show everything you've done.

Your reel should also only include only your best work. The short clips of the cartoony guy standing there/drinking seemed a bit flat and didn't really add anything to the video. The couple interior stills at the end also seemed a bit random.

Rore
11-26-2009, 10:34 AM
Thank you for the comment ! I understand my demo is too long and I watch too much. But i use this to seek employment, and for put focus on the area plan to pursue i must select parts.
I enjoy dynamics/effects or compositing but the demo will be too short for the moment. no ?
For this reason I prefer to show my work as a generalist with skills in lighting, fx, compositing or whatever.
So what can I do about that?

CGTalk Moderation
11-26-2009, 10:34 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.