PDA

View Full Version : Need advice on texturing a head

Diancoff
11-24-2009, 08:20 AM
So I have modeled and detailed a head and now I need to texture it. I have watched many tutorials on youtube and other sites, but can't figure out exactly how to do it. The problem is that I can't use the ZProject brush, because I don't have matching reference images. Could anyone point me a good technique to use in this case?

I have tried to match the reference with my model using liquify in photoshop, but it's impossible since I can't see my model underneath, just the ref. image and therefore I can't match it exactly.

Other method that I can think of (and that I have tried but gave up) was using the zproject brush to paint from different places of the ref. image. Seems too unaccurate and I think there must be a better way.

I'd greatly appreciate any advice on this. Thanks!!

plunq
11-24-2009, 07:43 PM
Well, if you wait a day or two you can give 3.5R3 a try. It now ships with a lot of useful 3.1 plugins. You'll probably want to check out ImagePlane 3 and ZApplink for your texturing needs.

CGTalk Moderation
11-24-2009, 07:43 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.