PDA

View Full Version : poly limit question

avieln
11-23-2009, 08:37 PM
Hey,
i am kind of new to Zbrush and i sculpted a male body,but i encountered a problem when scuplting finer detail, specially in the face. i reached the maximum poly limit and i stilll dont have enough resolutaion to scuplt wrinkes etc, specially around the lips.

increasing the max poly limit in the preferences just gives me errors. is there a way to overcome this problem? how can i model big models and still have have enought resolution?

Thanks a lot
Aviel

plunq
11-24-2009, 06:41 PM
Try giving HD Geometry a try. You can subdivide your model a few more times through Tool>HDGeometry.

To work on HD geometry, hover your mouse over the area you wish to sculpt and press "A" to enter HD Geomtetry. Zbrsh will update your model to show the highest level of subdivision radially out from the point you choose until it runs out of memory and will display the rest of your mesh as ghosted. Once you are done detailing an area, press "A" again to get out of HD and repeat the same process in another area.

In 3.5 you have the ability to now generate texture, displacement and normal maps from HD geometry. To render HD geo directly out of Zbrush, press "A" while on an empty part of your workspace and Zbrush will temporarily render out the highest level of HD geo so you can render it out.

CGTalk Moderation
11-24-2009, 06:41 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.