PDA

View Full Version : Mental Ray and Dual CPU's,.....

Stychentyme
08-19-2003, 04:56 PM
Hi everyone!

I'm currently using Maya 5.0 and I'm doing some work with Mental Ray. I've noticed that when you do a batch render, the little box that appears beside the menu with the Maya Software Renderer is gone, so you don't have the option of ticking, "use all available processors" in Mental Ray.

Is this because Mental Ray automatically uses all processors, or can it only use one? I have a dual processor machine at home, and it would help if I could use both while rendering.

If anyone has any info on this, I'd like to hear it.

Thanks.

Falco
08-20-2003, 11:17 PM
I think that for rendering with mental Ray you need licence. You have one with Maya. So when you have dual CPU and only one licence you render only with 1 cpu I guess. I can check it tomorrow at work. I am not sure for now. But when you have render farm and want render with MR you have to buy licences (not cheap :rolleyes: ) so its maybe this problem. Also you can check it with Task manager. When you render and both procesors runs at 50% or only one for 100% its easy to answer :thumbsup:

Stychentyme
08-21-2003, 04:52 PM
Thanks.

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 10:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.