PDA

View Full Version : How do I speedpaint like Andrée Wallin?

Montecarl
11-22-2009, 07:53 PM
Hi guys!

I'm a beginner when it comes to drawing digitally and I would like to learn how to make matte paintings and also how to speed paint. But for now my question is: What settings should I use on my brushes in order to speedpaint. I know that I can have dirrerent settings on every brush and also download custom brushes, but I want to know how to get a nice flow on my work when it comes to changing brushes, size, color etc. I've been watching a lot of tutorials but I can't fint a single one where it is explained how to work the brushes in a good way. Here is an example of Andrée Wallin and how he speedpaints http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TSOJCKbz6U. It seems like he switches the size and the brush very quickly and also the color he changes fast. So how do I get the same/ similar brush settings like for example Andrée in the tutorial? I don't want to copy anything, I just want to understand how to get my settings right so I can draw properly and with a good flow.

/Carlos

Lunatique
11-24-2009, 03:52 AM
What software are you using? The key to your question is to memorize the hot-keys in the software you use, such as quick brush resizing with [ and ] keys, right-click in brush mode on the canvas to bring up the brush choices...etc.

I'm finishing up the course material for my workshop, which has an entire week dedicated to workflow and painting techniques. In fact I was just recording myself demonstrating all the tools and workflow I use yesterday, and I have a few more weeks to go before I'm done. I can put you on the email list if you want, so you'll be notified when the workshop is finished.

Montecarl
11-25-2009, 05:05 PM
Thank you for you answer!
I'm using Phothoshop CS3 with a wacom intous 4 medium. I use the right click to resize thr brush size but I could def learn more shortcut keys. I def would like to know how you do work with colour and much more, so let me know when you're ready with your material, my email is montecinos.c@gmail.com (http://forums.cgsociety.org/montecinos.c@gmail.com).

CGTalk Moderation
11-25-2009, 05:05 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.