PDA

View Full Version : Help finding ref pix

razeverius
11-20-2009, 05:22 PM
Hi, I've wanted to model those harry potter chess pieces problem is I do not have enough ref pix perhaps some of u artists out there have sources of finding them? :)

Dare-o
11-21-2009, 03:01 PM
Usually what i do is watch a movie on my computer, then when i see a cool scene i press print screen and save the picture. It's really useful when finding ideas and what not.

For your ref you could watch the harry potter movie chess scene and take pictures.

or google. :cool:

razeverius
11-21-2009, 03:04 PM
thanks Dare-o..i guess there really isnt any available ref pix of those chess pieces in the net. might as well buy the movie :D. and what im hoping in the movie is that it shows all the chess pieces

Dare-o
11-21-2009, 03:21 PM
im pretty sure it does show all the pieces, considering it is one of the bigger scenes of the movie.

drawallday
12-02-2009, 08:06 PM
thanks Dare-o..i guess there really isnt any available ref pix of those chess pieces in the net. might as well buy the movie :D. and what im hoping in the movie is that it shows all the chess pieces

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ziv_fxeyeIU

Youtube is very useful when in need for reference. You can find ways to rip youtube videos.

InfernalDarkness
12-02-2009, 10:12 PM
You don't even need to "rip" YouTube really. Just save the .flv file.

For Firefox:

DownloadHelper Add-On (http://www.downloadhelper.net/)

This one can automatically convert the file too, if you prefer, to another more friendly format.

scrimski
12-02-2009, 10:13 PM
No need for plugins, just add 'pwn' after www. and before youtube.

razeverius
12-02-2009, 11:30 PM
Thanks so much guys :). I was having a hard time looking for a dvd of this around stores here. Never really thought youtube would have the scene :D. Now then time to worry about how I'm going to achieve this. Wish me luck!

CGTalk Moderation
12-02-2009, 11:30 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.