PDA

View Full Version : Demo Reel 2009

Waze
11-20-2009, 01:59 PM
Hi everybody,

I have recently left Framestore where I was working as a lighting TD on Prince of Persia, and I'm now looking for a job in London. I can't put any sequence of this project, so you will find only personal and student projects in this demo.
All critics and comments which could help me to make it better are more than welcome ^^

You can find it here : http://www.boulp.com or here : vimeo (http://www.vimeo.com/7681055)
Thank you

Greg

Solbester
11-20-2009, 02:26 PM
I like it dude.. but in some ways i wish you could show the wireframe of the little animation you have... the reel is nice... but not amazing... add things out of this world the look is nice but not impressive... i wanna see more show me what you can really do thats what i would say if i were to hire you.... good luck

Waze
11-20-2009, 11:15 PM
Okkkkk good good, interesting. I'll see what I can do about this, but there is just a problem. For example if I put a wireframe over some shots, this will become a modelling demo, if I show different pass it will become a compositing demo etc etc ... You follow me ? And I really would like to show my works as a generalist, with skills in lighting and modelling, but generalist ^^
So what can I do about that ?
And thank you very much for your comment, this is the kind of thing I'm happy to read.

aesir
11-20-2009, 11:22 PM
I thought it was pretty great. Nice variety of well made stuffs

patrickrowan
11-21-2009, 12:08 PM
nice work!

Is that the reel that got you the job in framestore?

Solbester
11-21-2009, 06:55 PM
Okkkkk good good, interesting. I'll see what I can do about this, but there is just a problem. For example if I put a wireframe over some shots, this will become a modelling demo, if I show different pass it will become a compositing demo etc etc ... You follow me ? And I really would like to show my works as a generalist, with skills in lighting and modelling, but generalist ^^
So what can I do about that ?
And thank you very much for your comment, this is the kind of thing I'm happy to read.

I see what you mean... in that case its just an animated short that needs to be edited a bit thats all dont show anything thats not rendered. I would just play around with it a bit and make it shorter and better edited great job though very strong i agree..

Waze
11-23-2009, 09:01 AM
Thanks very much for your comment ^^
I didn't come to Framestore thanks to this showreel, it was thanks to the short movie itself only.
And for Solbester : About your last reply, at this time this type of sentence is just at the frontier of my level in english !!! So I can't understand everything you said even with google translate ! Sorry ^^ If you or anybody else could help me to understand it will be very nice.

Solbester
11-23-2009, 01:55 PM
Thanks very much for your comment ^^
I didn't come to Framestore thanks to this showreel, it was thanks to the short movie itself only.
And for Solbester : About your last reply, at this time this type of sentence is just at the frontier of my level in english !!! So I can't understand everything you said even with google translate ! Sorry ^^ If you or anybody else could help me to understand it will be very nice.

What I meant was if you want to be a generalist.. then show this reel as a regular animated short.. sure there's not much to a story to it.. but I would make it like a short commercial and don't show any wireframe just a quick 30 second or a minute commercial with the best parts of the reel... Does that help?

Waze
11-23-2009, 06:52 PM
Hehe thanks very much for your explanation. Hum why not, this could be funny and more effective.
I think I will try the next week. At this time, I'm looking for something funny to model ^^

CGTalk Moderation
11-23-2009, 06:52 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.