PDA

View Full Version : What do I need to show in my portfolio to be a 3d modeler?

bc3d
11-20-2009, 12:38 AM
Hi,

I was just wanted some basic guidelines or an outline for a portfolio for becoming a 3d modeler. I've heard many different opinions on the matter. I've been told that I could have characters modeled and not textured but show both high and low poly versions and have them in a basic t pose rotation. To having the characters modeled and textured. To having them fully rigged. Do you need to have character's fully rigged for a 3d modeling portfolio or can they be just in a t pose and have a rotation? I've also heard that you should have some physical/art sculptures in your portfolio. Any ideas on a basic guideline would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

KevBoy
11-21-2009, 12:47 PM
I think it's very dependent on what job you're applying for.

Games/Film: low poly, high poly, use of normal mapping, show knowledge of good topology for animation and subdivision

Architecture: don't know

Mechannical: understanding features and history, understanding of boundary representation, understanding of nurbs, ability to work parametrically

CGTalk Moderation
11-21-2009, 12:47 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.