PDA

View Full Version : fluid asset management

andymoorer
11-19-2009, 06:52 PM
Hi maya gurus!

I've been creating some maya fluid effects locally and would like to package and place them on our network for animators. These are static effects with an initial state. So far I've only been able to get them working on animator's machines by using fluids->save state as which seems to create a mel preset pointing to a (hidden) .mcfi file. This is a bit unwieldy, is there a generally approved workflow for sharing fluid assets?

Unfortunately, we don't operate out of maya projects but rather store data into collections of assets (which come from maya, xsi, motionbuilder etc).

Any pointers or suggestions for dealing with fluid asset management, static or cached, are appreciated! I'm still a maya newbie and would hate to jury-rig a solution when there are probably well thought out workflows in abundance.

By the way CGtalk community has been friendly and hugely helpful. I've written about 20 tools and scripts which I'll share when the project is complete as a way of thanking everyone. :)

CGTalk Moderation
11-19-2009, 06:52 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.