PDA

View Full Version : Modeling Reel - Take a look see :)

JimmyTong22
11-19-2009, 03:03 PM
Hi everyone, I graduated from Full Sail back in June, but I'm finally gonna put my reel up for you all to see. It hasn't changed since then. I was just wondering what some professionals think about it, so critique and be as harsh as you want.

http://vimeo.com/7704936

NickWhitmire
11-19-2009, 04:57 PM
Hi Richard,

My first thoughts are that the models aren't bad. But I must say your choice of songs could use some work. Ofcourse this is purely a personal opinion, but it's been my experience that when viewing reels you don't really want lyrics and seperate songs at that. Keep it one consistant ambient track so people can just enjoy your art. Again, this is a personal opinion....if someone is viewing this for a job they'll probably turn the sound off anyways. Just a suggestion. Also, the models look cool, but you should be texturing them as well. That frog would look great with a nice brown or green slimy texture on him. Good luck.

-nick

CGTalk Moderation
11-19-2009, 04:57 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.