PDA

View Full Version : [Particle] Emitter emit once and Keep Apart

Luckycat
11-19-2009, 03:05 PM
Hello,

Two basic question on particle, the first one is how make an Emitter emit once a certain number of particles. I'm using particles to place object on a poly surface but I need to make this particle all been created at frame 1. Is there some kind of command to create particle from an emitter like there is for the particle command. Or another solution....
For the same thing, I need this particle to respect a certain distance between them...any tips ?
Thx a lot for your help

S.

Wick3dParticle
11-19-2009, 03:39 PM
For your first question, im not quite sure what you need the end result to be... but you can try the following:

A. Set the max count on your particleShape, and emit a very high number of particles per second. After they are all emitted, you can shut the emitter.

B. Make your poly object a softbody with a duplicate goal. Set the goal to 1. This will place a particle at every vertex of the poly object.

For your second question, if you go for solution A on your first question...you can try making the particles act as a radial field and use the input force as a threshold for setting lifespan to '0'.

I havent tested the answer to your 2nd question, but in theory it should work.

Hope that helps,

~Ilan

Luckycat
11-21-2009, 12:00 PM
Hey thx for your answer !
For the first thing I end up with the same techniques you advice me.
For the second, I got some result making my particles radial field. Thx . But this : "use the input force as a threshold for setting lifespan to '0'.", is not very clear for me, sorry. Can you explain this to me once again please. Thx

S.

CGTalk Moderation
11-21-2009, 12:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.