PDA

View Full Version : cracking a floor by stone falling from height

santoshw
11-19-2009, 12:19 PM
I want to create a floor cracking effect when a stone fall on that floor, with creating cracks on it ,some dust & debris in maya without any additional plug in like blast code.....:cry:

andymoorer
11-19-2009, 06:20 PM
Experiment with ncloth and tearing. You should be able to have a dynamic object collide with an ncloth "ground" and have it break (tear) and if you stiffen up your cloth it will look more like a fracture than tearing cloth. Dust and the other stuff can be driven by the motion of your cloth or by creating another object that emits on collision as your falling object breaks thru the nCloth.

sockstar85
11-19-2009, 08:22 PM
Use a shatter effect to break apart the floor. Set active and passive keys so it breaks when the stone hits.

DynamicBoy
11-19-2009, 11:07 PM
I think you dont want plugins, but making this with pulldownit is sooo easy!

have you seen this shot?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foPWOUV0AkU

it is very similar to your query.

I recommend you to try pulldownit plugin, this feature is included in the free version.

santoshw
11-21-2009, 02:56 PM
Thanks everybody for there replys :applause:

Experiment with ncloth and tearing. You should be able to have a dynamic object collide with an ncloth "ground" and have it break (tear) and if you stiffen up your cloth it will look more like a fracture than tearing cloth. Dust and the other stuff can be driven by the motion of your cloth or by creating another object that emits on collision as your falling object breaks thru the nCloth.

How to show thickness in n-cloth?

Use a shatter effect to break apart the floor. Set active and passive keys so it breaks when the stone hits.

shatter break in big piceses so it not helping me

I think you dont want plugins, but making this with pulldownit is sooo easy!

pulldownit is great option though but I can't use it

I am trying blendshape for the cracks can anybody help me with that? :shrug:

andymoorer
11-22-2009, 08:37 PM
How to show thickness in n-cloth?

You can add thickness by either simulating an object with thickness from the start, or better adding a extrude op after the simulation, or (best) use a low-res cloth object to drive the motion of your higher-res renderable object, with thickness.

CGTalk Moderation
11-22-2009, 08:37 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.