PDA

View Full Version : Challenge WIP: mattam

mattam
01-15-2002, 02:59 PM
Hi,
Wow, great stuff from everybody on the forum :) Here's what I'm working on for this challenge:

http://www.skwerm.com/mattam/wip/robotbottom15.jpg

issues that I'm aware of: (that I'm workin on)
-no face.. yeah, gota think of a way to make him look "alien" :P
-no tail.. hm.. maybe a power extension cord?
-need more details/nurnies
-sword looks puny, any ideas how to make it a more "piratey" sword?

If you have any suggestions/comments, I would love to hear them :) I'm having loads of fun making this character, and hope that it'll get even better. thanks :)

-mattam

SiW
01-15-2002, 03:14 PM
Really cool! Awesome!

Lion
01-15-2002, 11:02 PM
Nice Start, keep at him. I'm sure he'll evolve nicely.

epatnor
01-16-2002, 05:13 AM
Hey, I agree! This guy could really be something!

OK, so he's a little plain for now, but with lots more detail, he could kick butt! ...I mean, it would be strange otherwise, with those prostethic legs! :) I just love them!

About the legs... Shark attack?

mattam
01-16-2002, 05:03 PM
Hi,
Thanks for your comments :) Yep, I was imagining this character as originally being a bucaneer/pirate, who got his legs chomped off by sharks, but managed to survive somehow. :P I might just change his hand back to normal so he can hold onto the sword better, right now the prosthetic sword bit looks feeble. Then it'll be time to model some clothes onto him, as well as the rest of the stuff :) fun modeling time ahead woop!

-mattam

Konyn
01-16-2002, 10:50 PM
nice start, try to think out some nice details,
about the sword, just make the blade a lot bigger, that will probably work.

his hair reminds me of those playmobil puppets :p

mattam
01-17-2002, 04:11 AM
Hi,
hehe, yeah epatnor, he lost his entire lower body due to a shark attack.. sigh, he was never the same after that.. :P Here's a updated version, I've added a eye for him, as well as a bandana, and changed the legs for something with a bit more ummph. His hands have also been changed :) I think I'm getting close to what I have in my head, now to give him even more detail... and of course, a sword ;p hehe, the pvc pipe won't last long in the sea-battles. :) (konyn : yeah, thinking of having something bigger too, I guess I'll need to look through some of those sword archives online)

http://www.skwerm.com/mattam/wip/robotbottom22.jpg

Any comments or suggestions will be greatly appreciated! :)

mattam
01-18-2002, 07:59 AM
Hi,
Another update, this time I added a default color to the eyeball, as well as adding the throwing knives/darts. And also textured the bandana (the UV's kinda weirded out tho, needs fixing). He also has a sword sheath now hanging sideways behind him, and I need to model him a sword now :)

http://www.skwerm.com/mattam/wip/robotbottom25.jpg

Any ideas what details I could add to make this look/work better? Thanks!

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 12:26 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.