PDA

View Full Version : Data conversion

Als
11-19-2009, 08:39 AM
Hi,
I'm quite puzzled by logic of data conversion nodes.
They don't make sense to me at all.
For example when taking out the color out to most of them they connect alpha as well, even there is no mention of alpha anywhere.

For example mib color spread, what this exactly do?
If I pipe the black and white image to the color input, and give weight 0 some color,
I can't even guess what result would be. Shouldn't result be what is white should be now that weight color?
I don't understand. What is the point of being able to make weight some color, when the output is always shades of grey?

And to add insult to an injury, there is nothing showing in the preview window?

And what to do with all this conflicts:
API 0.0 warn 302018: type conflict: "color" is type color, "maya_color_to_vector" returns type vector
API 0.0 warn 302018: type conflict: "outColor" is type color, "maya_color_to_vector" returns type vector
API 0.0 warn 302018: type conflict: "outColor" is type color, "maya_color_to_vector" returns type vector

Well is there a tool to actually fix any of these conflicts?
How about color to vector tool which is actually called that?

Also is there way to convert color to vector and vector to color without installing third party shaders?

thanks

Als

ps maya 2008

CGTalk Moderation
11-19-2009, 08:39 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.