PDA

View Full Version : Zbrush - need help finding tutorials

DBZ123
11-19-2009, 03:38 AM
I'm a total rookie to Zbrush 3 and I would like to learn it from scratch. Anyone know any beginner tutorials like how to navigate around, load up meshes (sculpting from there) and just in general sculpting stuff.

Can't find any good websites that have beginner video tutorials. If there isn't any, can anyone suggest any good beginner DVDs? I might just go buy it.

Ryan Kingslien's Gnomon intro to Zbrush 3.1 any good? What about the Gnomon Meats Mier one vs that?

Thanks!

suedix
11-20-2009, 01:08 AM
I bought Meats' tutorial awhile back - it's good, covers the basics well enough that I actually started using Zbrush (I've had it since version 1, just could never quite pick up the flow).

I don't have Ryan's intro tutorial, but do have several others by him that are helpful for specific tasks. I just bought his Zspheres 2 tutorial and it's good.

wwswimming
11-20-2009, 12:28 PM
i tried 3 different tutorials before i got semi-proficient at extracting displacement maps, with a partial understanding of subtools & layers.

the tutorial that worked the best was Eric Heller's ZBrush tutorial @ Lynda.com.

Digital Tutors has a good intro/intermediate tutorial for ZBrush.

Tegre
11-20-2009, 01:33 PM
I picked up Ryan Kingslien's Gnomon intro to Zbrush 3.1 right before 3.5 was announced and found it very helpful for filling in a lot of things I didn't know about and was trying to learn on my own (mostly on retopolgy.) Prior to that I was skimming videos by Jason Welsh (or Canned Mushrooms as he's also known by) and those were pretty helpful as well. Jason's videos uses the Veoh player - in one of the videos he explains how to get to his videos without using the veoh player. Right now I just wish I had more time to dedicate to Zbrush :sad: However with 3.5 being out, I'm thinking of purchasing the Zsphere 2 videos just to see what minor things I haven't picked up on, on my own.

CGTalk Moderation
11-20-2009, 01:33 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.