PDA

View Full Version : attaching softbody with springs to motion path

LRomel
11-19-2009, 12:25 AM
so I'm making a podracer thing and im having trouble animating it
I created two cubes for the engines and one for the pod. all encased in a larger cube
everything but the large cube is a softbody with springs.

I then created 6 particles, 2 for each engine and one for the seat of the pod, then created 6 locators and attached the paritcle's center to the tranlate of the locator.

I then created separate geometry for the actual podracer engines and pod, and point+aim constrained them to the locators.

the way I made this everything is pointed in the z axis but i don't think that's a problem because every axis is pointing in the same direction.

SO
I attached a motion path to the large outer cube which should work because its verticies are attached to the springs attached to the softbodies inside it. But when I animate it, only the outer cube will move, when the whole podracer with the engines should be moving with it. I think everything is oriented probably so I don't know what I'm doing wrong

I know it's sort of complicated to explain in text but any help would be greally great.

CGTalk Moderation
11-19-2009, 12:25 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.