PDA

View Full Version : a question

mahamb
11-18-2009, 05:55 PM
hi every 1
i have a small question
i created a human model in zbrush
http://img2.pict.com/df/85/56/2009801/0/1.jpg
and then i create a ratopology from it in max with polyboost (that was so painful)
http://img2.pict.com/7f/17/5f/2009800/0/800/wire.jpg
and my problem is there is 4 triangle segment in every half of his body that means i have 8 non quad segment in my object and those r very small and in non important
areas and i tried very hard to solve them but i couldn't because of some wrest problems
http://img2.pict.com/ff/8d/67/2009882/0/800/mosalas.jpg
http://img2.pict.com/6b/2d/99/2009888/0/mosalas2.jpg

... wt do u think ... is it possible that they will be a problem for me later ... for example in zmapper ( because i want work on this model more in zbrush and build a normal bump for it )
thanks

Drakaran
11-18-2009, 06:43 PM
I'd suggest retopo it. The mesh you have there is way too dense to be useful for animation, will be difficult to pose, and way too dense for UVing.

Starting in zBrush, I would look at the features of the mesh and paint lines on the mesh to show these, then I'd start splitting those lines down with more lines to define the new mesh. Once you have the basics drawn out, you can pick up the zsphere tool, add the mesh you just drew on in Rigging and start laying down the lines on top of what you drew.

If you start with the mesh, and keep painting lines that divide up the surface following the features of the mesh, then all you really have to watch for is where the mesh expands, contracts, or two related areas come together (like at the shoulder where the arm and body come together).

For an arm, I will draw a line from the back of the shoulder down over the elbow and then follow the outside of the forearm to the side of the wrist. I repeat for the front, and then the outer side and inner side of the arm. Splitting those lines going down the arm I wind up with 8 lines for the arm. Then it's only a matter of marking cross-section lines at the wrist and elbow, and then dividing those sections up.

That way when you import it into Max, you'll actually have something useful to work with there.

For some references I'd suggest looking for tutorials that discuss modeling the human form, even though we have a form for a guide, they will give guidance for how to solve mesh questions like you are asking here as you retopo your figure.

mahamb
11-27-2009, 03:27 PM
I'd suggest retopo it. The mesh you have there is way too dense to be useful for animation, will be difficult to pose, and way too dense for UVing.

Starting in zBrush, I would look at the features of the mesh and paint lines on the mesh to show these, then I'd start splitting those lines down with more lines to define the new mesh. Once you have the basics drawn out, you can pick up the zsphere tool, add the mesh you just drew on in Rigging and start laying down the lines on top of what you drew.

If you start with the mesh, and keep painting lines that divide up the surface following the features of the mesh, then all you really have to watch for is where the mesh expands, contracts, or two related areas come together (like at the shoulder where the arm and body come together).

For an arm, I will draw a line from the back of the shoulder down over the elbow and then follow the outside of the forearm to the side of the wrist. I repeat for the front, and then the outer side and inner side of the arm. Splitting those lines going down the arm I wind up with 8 lines for the arm. Then it's only a matter of marking cross-section lines at the wrist and elbow, and then dividing those sections up.

That way when you import it into Max, you'll actually have something useful to work with there.

For some references I'd suggest looking for tutorials that discuss modeling the human form, even though we have a form for a guide, they will give guidance for how to solve mesh questions like you are asking here as you retopo your figure.

thank u very very much was very very useful sorry 4 delay

CGTalk Moderation
11-27-2009, 03:27 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.