PDA

View Full Version : Animation: Tremendous Slouch!

disrupt
08-18-2003, 07:47 PM
This is still a work in progress, but I wanted to get some honest feedback before I start fine tuning. All of the Key poses are in, and even a few in-betweens. All of the f-curves are still set to linear. Please ignore the fact that the green guy just sort of appears. Please give me any and all comments on the poses, timing and execution.

This is done in Maya 4.5

slouch (http://www.motionmeanie.com/videos/slouch.mpg)

AroundTheFur
08-20-2003, 07:00 AM
well this is sort of just an animation test i assume? theres no real story or anything and as of now the characters lack...well character. you have to exaggerate things to make them interesting, but keep them believable. the sound clip is nice but thats the only thing its got going for it now. hope this helps.

disrupt
08-20-2003, 07:12 PM
Hey, thanks for the reply. You are right. I need to step back and look at the whole picture. I will attempt to add some character and make it more entertaining. Any suggestions??????

animatabull
08-21-2003, 12:24 AM
just a quick idea for you. Just as he's about to say 'you're a tremendous slouch' instead of pointing at him have him turn back towards the dart board and line up his next throw with a slight grin in self amusement at his sarcastic comment. Facial expressions will make this one, eye rolls and such.

Oh, and when he lines up the throw at the start I think the upper arm should be at more of a right angle to the body, check it out.

Anyways, just a few suggestions,

Chris

disrupt
08-21-2003, 06:40 PM
Hey thanks animatabull I think that is a great idea. With some good facial expressions, I think that would work nicely. What exactly do you mean with his arm position? So that his elbow is pointing toward the dart board more? Thanks for your comments.

SDIT
08-21-2003, 08:51 PM
Hey there
I agree with AroundTheFur, try to exagerate the movements a little, everything right now is way too subtle. Some of your key poses are ok, but try to really think about the expressions u r using. If your key poses are not well defined then the rest of the animation will be poor. On this kind of scenario i would guess there would be a lot more gesticulation, such as exesive use of the hands, wrists, and so on. After all i am guessing they r in a bar. Right?
One more thing it is easier to preview an animation if you hide all the elements you don't really need to see on the playblast. Before u do another one, go to show>hide all, then go to show again and just select polygons.
Cheers

animatabull
08-22-2003, 11:46 AM
What exactly do you mean with his arm position? So that his elbow is pointing toward the dart board more?

Yeah, that's it, also have his forearm at a right angle to the upper arm. I think the throw should be more in the wrist and fingers, I mean, I'm no darts player but I think that might look more correct from what I remember watching others.

Chris

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 10:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.