PDA

View Full Version : Camera Projection Like A Shadow?

CoffeePowered
11-16-2009, 11:07 PM
I'm in the middle of an animation where I'm trying to create a shadow like projection of a certain TV company's logo that will bend over a very basic city mesh. The mesh itself is being sculpt on top of video and via alpha/composting I'm able to achieve the basic effect of the logo wrapping like a shadow over various parts of buildings and such in my shots.

I'm currently messing around with a camera projection technique and I've had some successes. I followed an excellent tutorial found here:

http://qvolabs.com/otis_cam_proj_mp_01.html

The issue i'm running into is the logo projection is wrapping around the geometry from both the front and back of my geometry simultaneously. I'm trying to achieve a more shadow like effect. I'll try to post some images/videos in a bit to better illustrate my issue.

Any ideas or comments would greatly appreciated! :)

AlphaJoe
11-20-2009, 04:55 PM
I am not sure about what your final effect is supposed to look like, but how about putting the logo image onto the color attribute of a spotlight?

I'm in the middle of an animation where I'm trying to create a shadow like projection of a certain TV company's logo that will bend over a very basic city mesh. The mesh itself is being sculpt on top of video and via alpha/composting I'm able to achieve the basic effect of the logo wrapping like a shadow over various parts of buildings and such in my shots.

I'm currently messing around with a camera projection technique and I've had some successes. I followed an excellent tutorial found here:

http://qvolabs.com/otis_cam_proj_mp_01.html

The issue i'm running into is the logo projection is wrapping around the geometry from both the front and back of my geometry simultaneously. I'm trying to achieve a more shadow like effect. I'll try to post some images/videos in a bit to better illustrate my issue.

Any ideas or comments would greatly appreciated! :)

CGTalk Moderation
11-20-2009, 04:55 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.