PDA

View Full Version : Sideshow - Character - Mindrot

mindrot
08-18-2003, 07:17 PM
UPDATE!!!! 14/09/03

Once upon a time, back in the mid 1840's, a girl was born with an overly large and lengthened left arm and hand.

By the time she was 16 a young man had fallen for her and later proposed. She could not believe that someone could love her.

To her shock, on the wedding day he left her at the altar, claiming that she was mad if she thought that anyone could ever love her.

From that day on she vowed never to love again, and has since then tried, unsuccessfully to remove her deformity with an old knife.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

I originally started out with this as my basic concept. I even went as far as to model half of her.

Basically she was meant to be a girl of about 15/16 years old with a bizarre deformity of the forearms and hands. They are about 2/3 times their normal size...

http://home.icon.co.za/~newmang/Untitled-2.jpg

But I wasn't totally happy with the idea. I wanted something with a bit more "sex appeal" and attitude...

SO I came up with this idea: A beautiful girl/woman of with a similar disposition. Except only one of her arms is deformed. Wrapped around said deformaty are bandages, from her trying, unsuccessfully to cut the problem away.

Hmmmn.... now that I think of it: she could be in her wedding gown, and her to be husband left her at the altar, because of her deformity. Thus plunging her into depression, etc, etc....

http://home.icon.co.za/~newmang/Untitled-3.jpg

Her deformed, and twisted arm was inspired by this concept that I did a couple of weeks ago.

http://home.icon.co.za/~newmang/Untitled-1.jpg

3D renderings coming soon.....

mindrot
08-18-2003, 07:22 PM
The 3D so far.....

I will most likely model her without the deformed arm at first, and once I'm happy with the rest of her, I'll add it in... :)

IMAGES REMOVED PLEASE SEE UPDATES!!!

speveo
08-18-2003, 09:53 PM
Thats coming on nicely Mr Mindrot! If I was you, I would tighten up her corset a notch, and round out the bust somemore.

It would be cool to see a shaded view too! Whats the polycount at the moment?

L8r

Speve-O

mindrot
08-18-2003, 10:41 PM
hehe starngely enough I tightend the corset just before you posted (we seem to think alot alike ;) )

As for the bust I shaped it out a bit more (but will probably refine it some more). The bottom half of the breasts are tucked in under the corset....

She currently weighs in at about 2522.

-frOogLe-
08-19-2003, 03:19 PM
Oh mighty Mindrot, I wish I could be like YOU!
Hehe, Kewl stuff, it would look better if she had legs though...:)

melmann
08-19-2003, 04:40 PM
Its turnin out great! Very nice concept!

Ivars
08-19-2003, 06:51 PM
Hey, nice mesh. When you say 2522 are you sure you´re counting tris? Because that mesh looks rather heavy.....
Just a friendly reminder :)

mindrot
08-20-2003, 10:05 PM
I added the hands, and part of the dress.

As I mentioned earlier, I will add the deformed arm once I am happy with the model. I will also optimise the figure further at a later stage, although I have already done so in certain areas....

Ivars
08-21-2003, 12:17 AM
Are you working in EditableMesh or EditablePoly? Because the polygon counter only count tri´s if your mesh is EditableMesh...

Great progress so far though :thumbsup:

mindrot
08-21-2003, 08:41 AM
I work in editable poly, but convert to editable mesh before doing a poly count :)

Thanks for commenting :thumbsup:

melmann
08-21-2003, 09:17 PM
Its comin along great!:thumbsup:

-frOogLe-
08-22-2003, 09:27 AM
Lookin good Man, But do you do your Polycount in Editable Patch?
HEHEHEHEHAHAHAHAHA

Sweet
-frOogLe-

There are no more Cookies left Damnit!!!

mindrot
08-22-2003, 07:06 PM
AI!!! Just got back from work :banghead:

I added a bit to the dress, nothing final though just something for me to flesh out a whole lot more....

I'm planning to have all the modeling completed by the end of the weekend, so hopefully that will go okay.... :D

mindrot
08-23-2003, 04:54 PM
Reworked part of the skirt... and added hair.

I'm using the symmetry modifier on the hair, so once I am reletively happy with it I will collapse it and make it alot less symmetrical. Same goes for the torso...

mindrot
08-23-2003, 08:23 PM
worked a bit on the hair and skirt some more... all minor adjustments.... I'm sort of in a state of clean-up now: tweaking verts, etc.

At the moment she weighs in at 3828, but will probably come down a bit, and then go up a bit when I add her deformity :hmm:

speveo
08-23-2003, 09:05 PM
Looks pretty sweet.

I would add some detail to the corset, adding the dividing line between the end of the bust support and the breasts, and then you can pump those suckers out a bit making them look super squeezed. :buttrock:

Hey, apart from her mutalated arm, why dont you make the corset super tight, and give her a 2 inch waist . . . would be very cool and would add to the whole 'freakshow' aspect?

Keep it up!!! :applause:

- Steve

mindrot
08-23-2003, 09:38 PM
:hmm: sounds like a plan, might squeeze a few inches away hehe.

I was also wondering 'bout them titties... I might just push 'em together more :thumbsup:

"adding the dividing line between the end of the bust support and the breasts"... not too sure what you mean exactly. I have an idea but am not too sure :curious:

mindrot
08-24-2003, 08:26 PM
Speve-O: Squeezed the waist... and pushed them titties together some more :drool: ...um... where was I?.... Oh yes, I will most likely start working on her arm next... and then get onto some texturing...

I also modelled her prop: a butcher's knife.

She is currently 3989 polys.....:)

speveo
08-25-2003, 12:05 AM
Looks awesome. I like the addition to the hair, and the squeezed corset adds a lot too. :thumbsup: Wicked looking butchers knife.

Cheers

Speve-O

-frOogLe-
08-25-2003, 10:22 AM
Looking very kewl Mindrot. I dig your dress and how it flows out, and the hair is looking totally awesome.

We want more!

Sweet
-frOogLe-

mindrot
08-25-2003, 03:16 PM
will be adding a bust line on the corset to push the breasts up a bit, and squeeze 'em in some more... should have that done tonight with the deformed arm.....

mindrot
08-25-2003, 09:44 PM
Finally did the arm, tucked the breasts behind the corset, and one or two other small tweaks :D

mindrot
08-25-2003, 09:45 PM
another shot....

At thew moment she is 3999 polys :D

mindrot
08-25-2003, 09:57 PM
Next on to texturing her weeeeeeeeeee

So I should have more updates closer to the end of the week.

-frOogLe-
08-27-2003, 09:32 AM
The character is looking super sweet, this is gonna look so kewl when it's textured.

Sweet
-frOogLe-

giantrobot
08-28-2003, 12:59 AM
Hiya-

looking good. Dangerous Liaisons has some good corset/breast reference. these are the best web images i could find:

http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/Bungalow/7131/autograph.jpg

http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/Bungalow/7131/three.jpg

if you can get the breat shape just right...it would look like the corset is very real.

mindrot
08-28-2003, 08:56 AM
Thanks giantrobot: but I can't see the images, I get broken icons instead :shrug:

Now that I look at what I've got, I see that the boobs can be lifted to create a more swollen effect :drool:

mindrot
08-28-2003, 07:47 PM
:rolleyes: something damn strange man..... I had to copy and paste the image links from the image's properties into a new window to view them

Thanks for commenting :)

mindrot
08-29-2003, 09:39 AM
Once upon a time, back in the mid 1840's, a girl was born with an overly large and lengthened left arm and hand.

By the time she was 16 a young man had fallen for her and later proposed. She could not believe that someone could love her.

To her shock, on the wedding day he left her at the altar, claiming that she was mad if she thought that anyone could ever love her.

From that day on she vowed never to love again, and has since then tried, unsuccessfully to remove her deformity with an old knife.

mindrot
08-29-2003, 10:27 PM
Got the unwrapping out of the way for now.... :buttrock:

mindrot
08-31-2003, 09:41 PM
here is a small update. Did some texture work this weekend, still quite rough in places but coming along......

For some weird reason the alpha on the hair won't show up in the viewports. It shows up in the render though :rolleyes: (I tried opening another model of mine with alphad hair and it was fine in the viewport...odd??!!

I added some nice ol' veins on the breasts....

mindrot
08-31-2003, 09:49 PM
Here's a view without the hair.... yes, yes... there are still seams :p I'll sort them out later.

leigh
09-01-2003, 01:23 AM
That's coming along nicely, Mindrot :thumbsup:

The veins on the breasts are a nice idea, perhaps you should also add some really faint ones on her face as well (beneath her eyes).

mindrot
09-01-2003, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by Leigh
The veins on the breasts are a nice idea, perhaps you should also add some really faint ones on her face as well (beneath her eyes).

Thanks Leigh.... Great idea. I was actually thinking about that. The veins on the vampires faces in Interview With a Vampire were sort of an inspirational starting point.... so I might just take it further ;)

I'm probably going to re-unwrap (and re-adjust the UVW layout of the head to a point), and remodel and texture the hair from scratch..... so hopefully tonight or tomorrow evening there will be a few new images...

speveo
09-01-2003, 09:38 AM
Looking good their G-Funk. I like the veiny breasts too. Adds a nice edge of realism.

I would intensify her lips by adding a lipstick look, perhaps similar to her hair colour. It would really add a dramatic edge.

:buttrock:

Speve-O

Optigon-cg
09-01-2003, 10:33 AM
Cool stuff. As far as poly-count goes, you've put every poly to good use. Kept them dense where needed. Excellent texture job too.:applause:

ionanism
09-01-2003, 10:58 AM
You say you’re alphas wont show in the view port…if you are using 3ds max right click on the text that says what view you are in and there is a transparency option…check best, that works for me…if you use some other program…I cant help you at all then.

mindrot
09-01-2003, 11:06 AM
Will take a look ionanism... :)

I dunno it's just weird, like I said, another one of my models with alphad hair is totally fine, but this one just won't display :annoyed:

I would intensify her lips by adding a lipstick look, perhaps similar to her hair colour. It would really add a dramatic edge.

I will probably do that Speve-O. I might also give her smudged lipstick too...

mindrot
09-01-2003, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by ionanism
You say you’re alphas wont show in the view port…if you are using 3ds max right click on the text that says what view you are in and there is a transparency option…check best, that works for me…if you use some other program…I cant help you at all then.

:thumbsup:

Thanks man... this worked.... I've been using Max for about 4 years now, and still seem to learn something new everyday....

:beer:

rAndall
09-02-2003, 10:11 PM
The model is looking cool Mindrot. The UV layout uses all the space rather well. Running mascara is always a plus. :P It seems you will have the chick finished up sooner than I will have mine done. Keep going!

mindrot
09-03-2003, 09:01 AM
thanks man... hehe I'm hoping to complete her in about two weeks (with rigging)... and then make a small environment....

tobe90
09-03-2003, 09:12 AM
the transparancy option in Max is truly superannoying. why in the name of the sweet lord do they add a feature for low end machines, this late in Max's life, and also make it default. Arrrrgh!

but the girl looks fine. keep it up.:thumbsup:

mindrot
09-03-2003, 10:49 AM
who knows with Discreet :annoyed: ... AAAARGH!!!!

Only been using Max 5 for about 2 months, 'cause we be using Max 4 at work, so I thought that it was time for a change :buttrock:

mindrot
09-04-2003, 10:28 PM
Did a few changes: re-modeled and re-textured the hair from scratch. Did a few small touch-ups (lots to do still :p) ....

Starting with her outfit now. I need a bit of a change as working on one area for too long can get boring. I'll get back to her face and hair later.

I should have whole lot more done over the weekend.

melmann
09-04-2003, 10:39 PM
the texturing is turnin out excellent!!!! CRAAAAAAZY!:beer: great job so far!

mindrot
09-04-2003, 11:28 PM
Thanks melmann.... yeah I'm enjoying it quite a bit. tends to be the most time consuming part though

mindrot
09-06-2003, 07:58 PM
A quick update (coming along slowly :p)

speveo
09-06-2003, 08:26 PM
I love the squashed breasts man. Thats the money shot!! The skin tones are fantastic. :thumbsup:

The corset is looking sweet, nice details so far.

L8r

Speve-O

mindrot
09-06-2003, 08:44 PM
thanks man..... it's getting there..... busy with the skirt now

mindrot
09-07-2003, 12:15 AM
My final update for the evening. Worked on the skirt a bit (still got a way to go with it), and modified the geometry to give a less dramatic feel, with less movement.

A slightly larger render this time :D

Castor76
09-07-2003, 12:35 AM
Really nice job Mindrot. I like the clothing texture.
For me that is the hadest one to paint. No matter what I do
I just can't make it look natural, but you did fine job here.

mindrot
09-07-2003, 12:41 AM
:wavey: hey man how's it going?

Fabric can be a bitch to do. I still neeed to work on it though.... what does help though is vertex baking the model and then using the bake asa guide when you paint the texture....

Strang
09-07-2003, 05:38 AM
The progress on this model is coming along supberbly.
GREAT work...
I really like seeing it come together...
what are the chances of you doing a quick tutorial or walkthrough of what you did for the less knowledgeable CGers?

-Strang

asylum24
09-07-2003, 08:08 AM
seems to me that her nipple area is falling out... maybe tuck it in just a tad more?

mindrot
09-07-2003, 12:15 PM
Strang: Thankyou..... I was considering doing a tutorial or something a while ago. I want to have some on my site (when it's up again). I might just do that, tho' it takes quite a bit of time.....

Any specific areas you need help with?

asylum24: HEHE :p... I myself wasn't too sure about whether or not I should have it. But when some of the people at work, saw only the areola they kept saying I should have it stick out more, and now I've become kind of attatched to it, so I guess I'll see what it looks like closer towards the end...

baaah888
09-07-2003, 04:55 PM
looking great. one thing i noticed tho was the light are on her spine that just looks like a massive bump, i dont think that looks that good as its one single bump not a few to represent the spine,

other than that great work

Strang
09-07-2003, 07:13 PM
@mindrot, time constraints are completely understandable, just keep us posted when it happens. thanks

later
-Strang

mindrot
09-07-2003, 08:06 PM
baaah888: there are other spinal bumps, but they are hidden under the hair. Strangely enough my fiance mentioned something similar....hmmm.... I might remove that extra geometry and replace it with more spinal bumps on the texture... either that or group the geometry closer together so that it is more visable...

Naseem
09-07-2003, 09:38 PM
1 thing for sure i wont ask this lady to a date :S it givs me the creeps, and nice job with the texturing, i'm suck at it

Strang
09-07-2003, 11:59 PM
was wondering if you could quickly explain how you roughed out your characters head?

i currently use ring select and then connect to get my extra geometry. but after that i am doing a TON of vertpushing and it seems very tedious! i am trying to find a better/faster solution.

thanks

-Strang

rikimountain
09-08-2003, 11:06 AM
these textures rock! especially the hair looks really cool!!
:buttrock: :buttrock:
and i first thought the hips would be to broad!
great work... five stars from me!

mindrot
09-08-2003, 02:33 PM
martok: Thanks man... When she's done I'll get her to pay you a visit late one night :p

Strang: Well I initially started out working in quads. I started the model from the eye, using a tube and deleting all the faces except for one of the rim areas, then extruded the edges. Working in quads is great, but ultimately I had to use tris in places due to the polygon limit. I generally work in editable poly (Max 5) then convert to editable mesh. Ring and connect really help out in this area :buttrock:

You can check out this tutorial (http://www.secondreality.ch/tutorials/modelling/head.html) , I tried it a while ago, but it tends to be a bit limiting in that you have to follow it a bit too closely. But it should be help as a starting point.

rikimountain: Thanks man most appreciated :beer:

I should have an update, tonight (hopefully :blush: )

Strang
09-08-2003, 06:57 PM
thanks man, i appreciate the advice and link

-Strang

Strang
09-08-2003, 07:03 PM
yes wiro's tutorial i have done, tends be how i work now... think i am going to redo it since i got better...

thanks
-Strang

mindrot
09-08-2003, 07:54 PM
Yeah... the tutorial isn't too bad. I personally prefer to start from the eye and work my way out in quads...

Stygian
09-10-2003, 05:38 AM
Man your entry is looking really good. And yeah Wiro's tutorial is a good one to start with . :applause:

ElysiumGX
09-10-2003, 07:26 AM
Great texturing. All the details around the chest and her dress are excellent. Her hair looks very nice.

mindrot
09-10-2003, 08:38 AM
:love: Thanks all.... most appreciated

swag
09-11-2003, 01:11 AM
very nice work:thumbsup:

Optigon-cg
09-11-2003, 06:50 AM
Wow! What texture resolution are you working in?

Also, do you think you can post an image of your texture sheet?
I'd like to see how you've arranged it.

EDIT: Nevermind. I just went back a few pages and saw your UVs.

The eye area is really detailed though for having so little real estate on the sheet.

Anyhow, your chick's looking better and better. The only thing I would suggest is that you spread out the gradient a bit more on your opacity map. You can see the transition where the hair tapers off.:applause:

mindrot
09-11-2003, 08:56 AM
Thanks swag

Optigon-cg: Thanks man.... at the moment it's still quite high at 1024x1024.... I'll lower it at a later stage... The UVW layout has changed a bit since I started. There is only one eye texture now ( I was originally going to have two different coloured eyes). I'll post a new texture sheet once I've gotten a bit further.

As for the hair, I'll probably sort that out closer to the end.

Once I have gotten the meat of the texturing done (about 85%-90% done), I'll start tweaking and fixing up the little things, like some small seamage issues that have cropped up. Basically all that is left before I get there are the hands and arms.....

:thumbsup: Thanks for the suggestion, most appreciated :D

:eek: I still need to rig her and so an environment.....

Should have a new post real soon :blush:

mindrot
09-11-2003, 09:35 PM
A small update before I get on to playing some Silent Hill 2 :buttrock:.

Finished the knife on Tuesday. Still need to add a few details (possibly including some blood).

I added the deformed left arm texture (still need to do both of the hands and the right arm). Fixed up some geometry on the skirt (thanks Speve-O) and one or two smaller things.

I am contemplating adding a few belts strapped around the left arm with the free polygons that I have left over :D

speveo
09-11-2003, 10:28 PM
Looking good. The Knife definately needs some blood stains though. :twisted:

Hmm, perhaps the ripples in the fabric could be used to accentuate her body better, especially the corset area.

That deformed arm is looking nasty . . . :thumbsup:

L8r

Speve-O

mindrot
09-11-2003, 10:42 PM
Blood there will be plenty of!!! :twisted:

As for the fabric, I'll look into that... :wavey:

melmann
09-12-2003, 05:39 PM
daaaaaaaaang! man I really love the textures in this!:buttrock:

mindrot
09-12-2003, 06:34 PM
:beer: thanks.... hopefully they will still be okay at 512x512 (should be pretty decent though)

mindrot
09-13-2003, 11:35 AM
did a test with the 512x512 textures and they look fine :D

mindrot
09-13-2003, 07:54 PM
I still need to do the right hand :blush: and sort out some seamage (SEAMAGE BAD!!! :annoyed: )

Starting to get gory hehe....

More to come tomorrow (hopefully)......

mindrot
09-14-2003, 07:24 PM
GAAH!!! Another small update *phew*

Added a bit more blood, and textured the right hand.....

I'm basically done with the textures for now. I only really need to sort out some seamage :blush:, a few small fixups, and some other small odds and ends.

Gonna start with the environment now (I need a change)...

Here are a few detailed images for now...

See ya soon...

speveo
09-14-2003, 10:37 PM
The seamage doesnt seem too bad, you only notice it on the closeups. Those are some serious bloodstains on her dress. :eek:

How about adding some open visible gashes on her deformed arm?

Speve-O

giantrobot
09-15-2003, 05:35 AM
Still looking great, though I gotta say I liked the pristine white dress best. It was such a good contrast with the deformity. Anyway, still cool though.

I also wanted to say that I would like to see a version without nip-slip. Remember this is coming from the guy making a naked frogboy...but I just dont think the sexuality matches the gore. It is almost a shame to lost that since you did such a great job with the maps, but I just dont know how I feel about the juxtoposition of the two.

What do you think?

mindrot
09-15-2003, 09:50 AM
giantrobot: Thanks man...... The blood :hmm: I think the blood works as blood, but personally I also find that it sort of detracts form her a bit. Like you said I also like the pristine white dress.....

As for the nips, I sort of like 'em but might move 'em down a few pixels on the texture, just to hide them little ladies ;)... I'll take a look.

Speve-O: Sounds like a plan..... :thumbsup:

Optigon-cg
09-15-2003, 11:21 AM
I really wanted to comment on your latest shots but unfortunately only the knife loaded on this page of the thread. But from the images on the previous page I'd say keep on playin Silent Hill. The influence is working out great!:thumbsup:

EDIT: Now they finally loaded.

Maybe a good compromise for the blood vs. no blood on the dress issue, you should stain the very bottom as if she stood in a puddle of blood and it soaked in off the ground. (hope that makes sense). Then just tone it down a bit everywhere else.

mindrot
09-15-2003, 11:37 AM
:hmm: sounds like a plan Optigon-cg... I was also just thinking of having some pinkish stains as opposed to the dark red and almost black blotches.... I'll have to come to a compromise real soon AAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!!!

:thumbsup:

the-mighty-m
09-18-2003, 10:44 AM
your freak is looking great! cant wait to see the final thing!

view my entry? (http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=836106#post836106)

mindrot
09-18-2003, 02:02 PM
thanks the_mighty_m... most apprecaited.... should have her ready by friday/saturday..weeee :beer:

mindrot
09-18-2003, 06:42 PM
Here's a rough render of my character in her environment.

I still need to sort out the pose (her deformed hand looks a bit odd from this angle, looked fine from the front though :hmm: ), as well as some lighting issues and environment textures. I'm trying to keep the scene within 2000 polys. The scene textures are all 512 and below....

I'll probably do several poses with her.....

http://home.icon.co.za/~newmang/max_26.jpg

Hey... a small render for a change :p

mindrot
09-18-2003, 09:43 PM
A new (larger :p ) render with fixed hand and pose. Lighting changed slightly and added a bit more wallpaper to the walls. Changed the aspect ratio of the image as well..

Gonna work on some new poses, something relatively different....

Still need to drop the characters textures down to 512x512

L8R :wavey:

http://home.icon.co.za/~newmang/test_03.jpg

speveo
09-19-2003, 12:07 AM
Looks good. I definately prefer the second render. Much better pose! What else do you have planned for the scene?

L8r

Speve-O

mindrot
09-19-2003, 12:31 AM
Speve-O: I wanted to add some more furniture (chest of drawers, possibly a bed, painting on the wall, etc)... but then I looked at it as it stands now and I sort of like it as is... but I might just add in one or two of those things I mentioned... I'll have to see :hmm: ..... I also want to roughen up the wallpaper a bit in places...

Any ideas on your side?

rikimountain
09-19-2003, 07:05 AM
yeah baby!!! i love her!! gotta tell my girlfriend to dress up like that! haha...
but... i would add some dirt/blood etc. on the floor and maybe on the walls! looks a bit too clean! but u know.. just my opinion!!!!
if i could i would give you 5 stars again.. haha..
:buttrock: :buttrock:
... and... maybe you could add a dirty teddybear... with needles in it (??) or better head cut off..

Optigon-cg
09-19-2003, 09:01 AM
Yeah, the room could use more detail but I understand time is running out. I probably won't have the chance to build a set for mine. I like the pose you gave her. That's a frightening look she has in her eyes. Nice touch with the dress being translucent at the bottom. :buttrock: :thumbsup:

kcfang
09-19-2003, 09:52 AM
Hey Mindrot,

Great model, man! Really cool to see it from start to end. Let us see some with texture!

BTW, Im also staying in South Africa. Cape Town here, you?

mindrot
09-19-2003, 10:23 AM
rikimountain: Thanks..... I''ll probably add some extra blood to the environment :thumbsup:

Optigon-cg: Most appreciated :) I should hopefully get one or two more furniture items in buy the end of today, or tomorrow.....

kcfang: Thankyou... I'll post texture sheets sooooooooon. I'm in the good ol' land of Pretoria. Quite a few South Africans here hehe :love:

the-mighty-m
09-19-2003, 10:46 AM
read your freaks' story, very gloomy! tragic! sob!:thumbsup:

look at my freak (http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=838271#post838271)

mindrot
09-19-2003, 02:48 PM
giantrobot: Sorted out the "nip-slip"... droped the nipples :drool: by a few pixels. I also seem to prefer her without the too visible. Not that you will relly notice in the end.

Here are the texture sheets kcfang:...

I finally got around to dropping them to 512x512.... the next lot of renders will have the textures on them. :blush:

http://home.icon.co.za/~newmang/images/portfolio/3d/lowpoly/2003/sideshow_character_textures.jpg

the-mighty-m
09-19-2003, 04:11 PM
:drool: very cool! one of the best texture maps i have seen!:drool:

press for my pic! (http://www.cgchallenge.com/challenge_view.php?challenge_id=43)

speveo
09-19-2003, 11:15 PM
Beautiful. You used a really nice and harmonious colour pallette. :thumbsup: You have inspired me to post my maps too! I havent posted them yet, and it's always nice to see the extra details.

Speve-O

Strang
09-20-2003, 10:04 AM
this is looking, great....

i think its pretty professional..but i dont know enough to say it is :)

-Strang

mindrot
09-20-2003, 04:49 PM
Here are some final wireframes incase you are interested.

http://home.icon.co.za/~newmang/_wire_1.jpg

You don't even get to see half the detail in this one, once it is rendered....

This scene is 1278 polygons with about 10 textures (ranging from 512x512 down to 256x128....)

http://home.icon.co.za/~newmang/_wire_room.jpg

mindrot
09-20-2003, 05:05 PM
here is one fianl render of her from another angle... should be uploading the final one tonight. It is however done, but I want to give it a rest before I make the final decision and post....

L8R

http://home.icon.co.za/~newmang/_angle_2.jpg

speveo
09-20-2003, 06:48 PM
Looks awesome! Superb work. I'm looking forward to seeing your final layout. :buttrock:

Back to the kitchen! I smell something burning!! :eek:

L8r

Speve-O

mindrot
09-20-2003, 08:13 PM
thanks Speve-O.... Unfortunately that image won't be in the layout.... I do plan on using part of it in my website layout though.

mindrot
09-20-2003, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by mindrot
.... Unfortunately that image won't be in the layout....
Okay, okay.... so here's an alternative layout to my final one (gotta cut down on the posts :blush: ).... the final one should follow this post real sooooon :)

http://home.icon.co.za/~newmang/sideshow_character_-_mindrot_3.jpg

mindrot
09-20-2003, 10:47 PM
This should hopefully be my final layout *pheew*

Good luck all.... this has been lot's of fun, not to mention has made for a nice addition to my portfolio.....

Thanks for all the support and advice everyone. Hope to see you all soon again.

:wavey:

http://www.cgchallenge.com/entries/30914/43_large.jpg

giantrobot
09-21-2003, 01:46 AM
wow, that came out really great!

baaah888
09-21-2003, 03:43 AM
Wow that really does look fantastic, only thing i dont really like is the alpha'd hair, but then i find hair solid to do so bravo still. Love the atmosphere you've created around the character. the mirror is a really nice touch :thumbsup:

mindrot
09-21-2003, 10:57 AM
Thanks all :beer: Looking forward to the outcome of this...

mindrot
09-21-2003, 09:20 PM
Before I go, here are 2 high resolution images (1280x1024) of the 2 layouts to check out:

alternative layout (http://home.icon.co.za/~newmang/images/portfolio/3d/lowpoly/2003/sideshow_character_charactersheet_2.jpg)

final layout (http://home.icon.co.za/~newmang/images/portfolio/3d/lowpoly/2003/sideshow_character_charactersheet_1.jpg )

ionanism
09-22-2003, 03:20 AM
Your character defiantly turned out nicely, great texture work. I like the bloody arm, the gorier the better. I like the room you put her in too…looks very old and creepy…like something out of Silent Hill.

the-mighty-m
09-22-2003, 09:37 AM
really dark and twisted! well done i like it alot!

view my pic! (http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=841222#post841222)

Frank Dodd
09-24-2003, 09:05 PM
A brilliant piece of work with great style and a disturbingly dark creativity I think mainly because its based on a very identifiable character.

Great work.

mindrot
09-24-2003, 09:35 PM
Thanks Frank Dodd... I appreciate the comment. I wanted to creat something quite dark and disturbing :twisted:

mindrot
09-28-2003, 02:45 PM
Thought I'd just upload a higher resolution character profile.

Hirez Profile (http://home.icon.co.za/~newmang/images/portfolio/3d/lowpoly/2003/sideshow_character_profile.jpg)

Konstruct
09-29-2003, 04:49 AM
been playin too much silent hill.
its beautiful, -but it be cooler if the story took an idle hands approch where that arm has a mind of its own.

mindrot
09-29-2003, 08:51 AM
hehe sounds good. But I wanted to stay away from the more fantasy asspect, and keep it a more realworld, like she could have existed, back in the day.....

H3x
10-04-2003, 08:43 AM
incredible work!

houston3000
10-11-2003, 04:29 AM
know it is a little late... but ur modeling is great

Good work

mindrot
10-11-2003, 11:55 AM
:beer: thanks it's never too late :p

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 10:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.