PDA

View Full Version : Particles render like Krakatoa? in MR.

Sincrol
11-14-2009, 07:46 PM
Hello over there friends. Im here to learn a little about rendering particles in Mental ray.

i've seen some videos of Krakatoa Particle Rendering, and the results with that engine is amazing... beautiful at its default.

but, when i try to get some nice Results in MentalRay with Maya particles, it seems that mental ray doenst render the particles quite nice... in order to render nice particles, you need to tweak almost everything for a nice Looking particles... even using CloudShade particles for a nice Shadow... but, as we all know, CloudParticles take much more to render/load/read etc... i know i can simulate in points.. cache it, and then change to clouds... but, i've seen some renders of point Particles with renderman and 3dLight and it renders the particles beautifully. and i really want to have some nice results with mentalRay. but i wonder How.

hope you guys can add some ideas here... i think soon ill try to post here some render-tests to see how things are going.

CGTalk Moderation
11-14-2009, 07:46 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.