PDA

View Full Version : what's the differenc betwin runtime before dynamics and runtime after dynamics

WANGSHAOWEN
11-14-2009, 03:24 PM
i am new to maya dynamics .i am seriouse that what's the differenc betwin runtime before dynamics and runtime after dynamics .who can give me a clear explanation.

Cheesestraws
11-14-2009, 04:27 PM
http://www.sigillarium.com/blog/lang/en/157/

andymoorer
11-17-2009, 11:55 PM
i am new to maya dynamics .i am seriouse that what's the differenc betwin runtime before dynamics and runtime after dynamics .who can give me a clear explanation.

Particles are created, then the force on them is computed and their velocity determined, then the change in positions for the current frame are computed. Runtime before dynamics would be the point prior to their new positions being calculated, and after dynamics is post-position update.

So if you want to for example limit the velocity to some maximum and have your particles motion respect this, you would need a runtime before dynamics expression.

If you wanted to test the resulting position and kill the particle if it was below the ground plane, that would be an expression requiring runtime after dynamics.

CGTalk Moderation
11-17-2009, 11:55 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.