PDA

View Full Version : sideshow-character-wartorn

wartorn
08-18-2003, 10:53 AM
Ok folks, first time in for me. Got doodles going, will post something more finalized very soon. I will just lay upon you my concept, hoping to get some good (whether positive or negative) feedback from you. Ok, my character's name is Ibliss (one of the many arabic names for devil). A circus owner visiting Morrocco spotted Ibliss in the streets of the market, trying to attack people with a leash tied to a pole holding him back. The circus owner was rather appalled by the appearance of that creature. It had the human form, but was most of the time on all fours, attacking people like a dog, with spit coming out of its mouth indicating it was rabid. Quite a toned body on it, but very skinny, with the spinal cord sticking out at intervals from the back, as if spikes were growing on its back. Also, its head was completely messed up from abuse, with some parts revealing skull and even brain in a few regions. The character will therefore be humanoid, but with animal-like behavior. I hope to enter it in the animation contest if i have time.

wartorn
08-18-2003, 10:58 AM
accidentally hit submit without finishing my story. oops... Anyway, the circus owner decides to buy the wild beast, along with its handler, as it was too rabid, too disgusting, and most of all quite furious, that the owner thought no one else would try and get near the creature to feed it or clean its cage, etc.. At a very low wage, the handler trains the creature to become more and more furious, depending on its being rabid, to have it attack viewers from behind the cage it dwells in, at the sideshow. Ok, NOW im done.

wartorn
08-21-2003, 08:53 PM
I cant seem to come up with an expressive form, or appearance for my character. Ive been put down by the fact that i got almost the same idea as randall with the open head exposing skull (also brain maybe), and as for the spine coming out at intervals, it seems that over at the classic challenge theres a member who has a drawing of a girl with her spine coming out of her back. So i dont know really....

wartorn
08-22-2003, 07:04 PM
ummm.. this may sound silly, but im having trouble attaching pictures without having to make them really small. Ive seen others stick on huge pictures.... What format should we use? It says 20 kb, but i cant get my picture down to that much (jpeg) without having to crop a lot out of it, but the file i have is reasonably small.... it says 20.5 kb.... hmmm. help anyone? i want to stick up some concept art soon...

baaah888
08-23-2003, 12:08 AM
upload them to your webspace and then when in the post reply box,
click on IMG
(add the url for the individual pic) example http://www.wartorn.com/cgart/compentry1.jpg

and it will add a direct link to your site and display the pics here. the benefits are you can display much bigger files,

by the way the link only leads to a site selling wartorn.com its only an example :)

wartorn
08-23-2003, 01:12 AM
cheers..... this is obviously going to take a while for me to get the hang of

wartorn
08-23-2003, 04:55 PM
ok let me try this... here is a concept i drew a while back which i finally have up on my webspace.... just of the head, and its pretty rough.... http://www.nassibs.com/cgtalk/concept3%20copy.jpg Ok the character, Ibliss, will have open parts in his cranium like i said before, but now ive added even brain, not just bones... also added stitches, since his handler always tries to stitch up the wounds that Ibliss causes to himself. Hes always shedding his skin and injuring himself from all the scratching and biting on his own skin, since he suffers from rabies (he's rabid). Also have drooling, and pimples and zits here and there. I plan to give his skin a very rough and dirty feeling... Body to come soon... Ive started modelling, but i dont like to show stuff im not satisfied with to others, but ill definitely have something up by sunday... Any thoughts?

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 09:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.