PDA

View Full Version : How do I bring up the output window for mental ray rendering output?

Fanko
11-13-2009, 03:09 PM
I have been studying some video training for mental ray, and it shows you how to optimize ur render by studying the output window. But I can't seem to find it, its strange. I thought it will show up in script editor, but I can't see anything. I pick 'detail message' under batch render and I also pick 'echo all commander' in the script editor. I can see the progess message just fine, but I don't see any statistic like rendering time.

I am using maya 2009 on mac, please help..

cgbeige
11-13-2009, 03:51 PM
the Output window is on Windows only because of how it was ported from Irix. OS X and Linux use the standard Unix console with Maya so you find render output there (Utilities/Console.app). Render time (wallclock) is only reported with verbosity 4 or above I think.

Fanko
11-13-2009, 04:33 PM
so how can I get the console to show the wallclock? i am actually a little confused

Snakeman
12-07-2009, 06:44 PM
how do i get the output window in maya? i'm trying to find the drop box for the detail, progress etc. but cant find it...it used to be in render globals...but i cant seem to find it.

i'm on maya 2009 pc

InfernalDarkness
12-07-2009, 07:37 PM
http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?p=6242177#post6242177

There you go, this change should almost be stickied somewhere...

cgbeige
12-07-2009, 09:21 PM
how do i get the output window in maya? i'm trying to find the drop box for the detail, progress etc. but cant find it...it used to be in render globals...but i cant seem to find it.

i'm on maya 2009 pc

if you don't see the Output window, then Mental Ray isn't loaded. Load it from the plug-ins. The render globals thing is different - see Infernal's post

CGTalk Moderation
12-07-2009, 09:21 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.