PDA

View Full Version : [SCRIPT] SUBSETTER - easy subset rendering with mental ray...

kuschel33
11-13-2009, 09:33 AM
Hi guys. I'd like to share a nice script I made a while ago.
With this you can render single parts of your scene including final gather, which is a lot faster than turning all the other objects primary visibility off.
This is a production shader, so maybe you have to enable them first. (Didn't try without them enabled)

Usage:
1. Source the script and start it with "Subsetter"
2. Press "create subset"
3. "Link Cameras"
4. "Create Label"
5. Select your objects (no groups!!!) and turn them "Visible"

You can use the "invisible" button to hide some parts you don't want to see anymore.
With "Select visible geo" you get all your renderable geometry selected.
"Unlink cameras" to turn subset rendering off in your scene. (The "Create Subset" button is grayed out if your scene has this node already)
For new geometry you have to press "Create Label" again. Unfortunately it resets all your geometry to be invisible, so for now it does not remember the visible parts after pushing this button.

Have fun! Request are welcome...

weerawan
11-14-2009, 03:06 AM
This work really great.I try it without enable production shader,and don't have a problem.Thanks you for sharing this.Suspect,why it render faster than turn off primary visibility?

iduna79
11-15-2009, 02:46 PM
Tha't a nice script, making things a lot easier. I will keep in touch when Ive tried it in production. I guess the requests will come up then :)

Jozvex
11-16-2009, 05:20 AM
Nice job!

I guess it's similar to creating a beauty contribution map, but without the pass system related issues.

:thumbsup:

asche
01-21-2010, 02:00 PM
thanks a lot!! very helpful!

CGTalk Moderation
01-21-2010, 02:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.