PDA

View Full Version : Doctors Degree in Computer Arts?

Renan-Leser
11-12-2009, 04:48 PM
Hi everyone!

Does anybody here know a Doctors Dregree (Phd) in Computer Arts around Europe?

I'm Brazilian/Austriac and I'm finishing my Maters in High End Computing at COPPE, Rio de Janeiro, and I'm looking forward to work in game industry.

Can anybody help?

razorcd
11-30-2009, 10:54 AM
Hello

I am quite in a same situation as you are.
I finished Computer Science and want to go to a MA program in 3D Animation.
So for the last few months I did a lot of research.

Bournemouth Uni (NCCA), Teesside Uni and Hertfordshire are best Unis that have MA 3D courses. I only looked in UK.

So Google them, search for some final MA projects on YouTube and contact the Uni for more info.

Let me know if you need more help.

Good luck!

leigh
11-30-2009, 11:09 AM
If you are wanting to work in the games industry, then why do you want to get a doctorate? It seems like a huge waste of time when you could rather just jump in and start working.

rakmaya
11-30-2009, 12:51 PM
Unless you want to be in an R&D team (non-game industry related), PhD is a waste of time for these kind of jobs. Perhaps if your goal is to come back to academic research or to be R&D teams of such kind in future, PhD is the best way. But to work as a programmer in game industry this is an overkill. Development jobs are not based on your degree but how good and fast you are in logic and programming.

CGTalk Moderation
11-30-2009, 12:51 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.