PDA

View Full Version : Animate UV

spiderman3
11-11-2009, 05:09 PM
hi all
i am not very sure whether this is the right section to ask this question, but still

i would like to know whether there is some way to animate UV cordinates in maya......

arkangel-fx
11-11-2009, 07:33 PM
What do you mean by "UV Coordinates"? In what context?
You want to animate a UV Layout for an object? If that's the case, why would you?

DDelapena
11-12-2009, 05:51 PM
For game usage, animated texture maps are very useful, I'm assuming this is what ur talking about? maybe water, or fire?

Anyway..go to the place2dtexture node in the hypershade of the texture file and key the 'translate frame' attribute located in the attribute editor. This will animate it in...First box being X, Second box being Y. To see the result while scrubbing through the time line..go to ur persp viewport and click renderer>high quality rendering to see the results realtime.

As for actually keying the UV's in the uv texture editor..don't think its possible..never did that before... It gives this error when trying:
// Warning: Current manipulator and active objects have no keyable attributes, , or animation layers are present and the BaseAnimation bar is not selected or locked. //

Does this answer ur question?

CGTalk Moderation
11-12-2009, 05:51 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.