PDA

View Full Version : change surface that emits particles after creation?

StefanAlbertz
11-11-2009, 05:59 PM
Is there a way to change the surface that emits particles? Ive got a finished particle system (in fact 3 working with another) and now i would like to change the surface that emits into the first particle system. In the hypergraph one can see the connections between the geoconnector and the emitting surface, but when i try to re-connect those to my new surface, Maya does the beloved Fatal Error.

Does anyone know a solution for that? I would like to keep that emitter because its already connected into a character and has keyframes.

arkangel-fx
11-11-2009, 08:41 PM
Well, i just tryied manually switching the connection between nodes and it worked flawlessly.

Just connect yourShape.outMesh to geoConnector.localGeometry, yourShape.message to geoConnector.owner, yourShape.worldMatrix[0] to geoConnector.worldMatrix

StefanAlbertz
11-12-2009, 09:02 AM
Strange, this causes the crash here. Hm. I just tried another way, creating a surface emitter on that second surface, getting another geo connecter and connecting that new geo connector to the old emitter - this worked.

thanks for your response!

Edit: The reconnection works, but as you hit play, it crashs. With a new geoConnector it works.

CGTalk Moderation
11-12-2009, 09:02 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.