PDA

View Full Version : VFX demo reel 2009

mikeviera
11-10-2009, 10:55 PM
any C&C would be greatly appreciated. I am graduating in in 2 months. working on my breakdown reel and will be uploaded soon.

http://mikeviera.com/reel.html

thanks in advance :thumbsup:

mikeviera
11-11-2009, 09:59 PM
any and all suggestions appreciated...

EricDLegare
11-13-2009, 02:54 AM
Well, it`s hard to give feedback on a reel called "Demoreel incomplete", like people won`t know if the obvious things they are seeing is just some unfinished work or some flaws.

Well the first thing I see is that your reel doesn`t show any contact info / job title you are looking for. Of course there is the "glass of water intro" but your name is hard to read and the other infos are missing ( perharps it`s just not done yet ;) )

So far it`s allright, the only thing I would really remove is the "car shot" in the middle of the reel, it`s so short that it`s hard to see what`s going on, it made me rewind back to see what was that, but even after that it doesn`t feel really good.

I enjoyed the second "car shot" with the Audi logo, maybe it should happen earlier in your reel.

The order of the shots is important to give a good first/last impresssion, like if you sort your work by quality in your reel it should go "BEST, GOOD, BEST ( for desert )"

If you have 2 months left until graduation then it`s more than enough to make this reel awesome :beer:

*please forgive my english

CGTalk Moderation
11-13-2009, 02:54 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.