PDA

View Full Version : Dynamic Wires with Hair...

brainycomp
11-10-2009, 10:11 PM
I am trying to make several wires hang from a single wire using Maya's Hair system. They all need be dynamic. I'm trying to simulate ALL of them falling onto the floor.
I know how to use Hair to create a single dynamic wire but when it comes to having them all hang and fall while attached to one that also moves dynamically.....I am completely lost.

I hope this makes sense!

If anyone knows a solution to this, please let me know. I've been going at this for two weeks now....my brain's going to explode!

Thanks!!!

ruchitinfushion
11-11-2009, 04:43 PM
i guess u can do by this way...
chain of joint >>>bind with wire model >>>make curve with the length of wire>>>make cure to dynamic hair>>and using ik tool connect to joint.........And to make fall go to hair attrb u will find one option like base,both end ,free some thing like this...........

brainycomp
11-11-2009, 05:56 PM
Thanks! You're the first response I've been able to get on this issue!

However, from your description...I think I may have tried that already...
the joints and the hair curves don't seem to connect properly once they're simulated.

Another thing I tried was placing the curve of one of the "child" wires into the ikhandle of the "parent" wire and that got all screwy too..

If someone can upload an example of how to get this to work or a clear description, I will be most grateful!

Thank you!!!
Mike

ruchitinfushion
11-11-2009, 06:32 PM
if u got prob due to parent and child relation then use universal locator.don't do direct link....i hope this help

brainycomp
11-11-2009, 08:07 PM
Hey thanks! Sorry....a little new at this as you can probably tell.

How would I use a universal locator for this? Not sure where to even find that....

Thanks so much!

arkangel-fx
11-11-2009, 08:31 PM
Just replied you on you other thread (sigh, learn to post in the right section).

brainycomp
11-11-2009, 09:26 PM
sorry! just started doing this...didn't meant to. I posted a reply at the right thread here: http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?f=7&t=824599

Hope to hear from you! Thank you
Mike

CGTalk Moderation
11-11-2009, 09:26 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.