PDA

View Full Version : mi bump flake, hidden random seed?

Gal
11-10-2009, 07:54 PM
im using bump flake node to control bump on mia shader x. what i notice that rendering on a farm 10frames per machine. each batch looks different than the other. as if there is a random seed to the flakes that changes on each new batch rendering call. because the 10frames that rendered on the same machine look the same but completely different than the other batches on other machines. i tried on the same machine a new batch with 10 frames each..again each 10f look different.
i cant see any seed parameters or animation related attributes in the flake node. nor is it a 3rd node moving in space(only thing moving in my anim is the camera).
so what is going on?

royg
02-18-2010, 10:01 PM
I'm going to chime in and bump this up. We have exactly the same problem, making this shader useless. Anyone managed to get this (or carpaint for that matter) to render on a render farm?

Gal
02-19-2010, 01:53 AM
the node randomizes seed every time you load the scene. the only way to render it without flickers is rendering on just 1 machine and have it go through the whole length of the frame count. if you break it into 5/10/20/xx frames per call it will randomize each scene load call. it's horrible and i couldnt figure out why this randomizes yet.

ctrl.studio
02-19-2010, 09:01 PM
you might resurrect to render on one single machine only the flake pass. max

CGTalk Moderation
02-19-2010, 09:01 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.