PDA

View Full Version : Maya particles rendering blue cyan colour

Braden99
11-09-2009, 09:47 PM
I have problems almost every time with Maya Particles and nPartiles, losing their relationship to their shader somehow, and becoming permananetly blue. I think it happens when you try to seperate particles on to another render layer, then delete that render layer. This has happend to me using Maya's fire preset, which is heavuly customised, because their are so many connections, it' hard to figre out what's happening. But this issue is so annoying, I spend ages getting it perfect, then setup the render layers at the end, and bang...particles render cyan...anyone no how to fix this?

Lightweight
09-23-2010, 04:43 AM
Im studying particles as well right now, and it seems that the particle render types (sprites, clouds, bloddy, points etc) use different shaders. If you use points, you can render it in maya hardware, and they turn out gray no matter what shading you've given them it seems.
When you use "Clouds (s/w)" you need to render it in maya software, but then the particleCloud-shader takes over and turns it to blue.
I havent tested this yet but it seems like you have to connect your shaders to the particleCloud instead.
Personally Im using ramps to shade a comet that Im doing, and the smoke trail also has a ramp.
I will do a quick test and try to connect those to the particleCloud shader instead to see what's happening.

Lightweight
09-23-2010, 04:51 AM
Im back after the test with these results:

Connecting the ramp for color and transparency to "Life Color" and "Life Transparency" of the particleCloud-shader gets very similar results to how it looks in the viewport, and the blue color is gone. However in my case, the comet that was emitting the particles becomes invisible when doing this. Dunno what to do about that really.

CGTalk Moderation
09-23-2010, 04:51 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.