PDA

View Full Version : Borderlands Animations - Show Reel

squall787
11-09-2009, 04:40 PM
UPDATE *Borderlands DLC 1 is out*

So the latest Borderlands DLC is released, and i have some work to show from it, but i am busy animating 14 hours a day ... this is all i have time to post at the moment :) but enjoy !

WereSkag Title Card Intro (http://www.kinganimations.com/Media/wereskag_intro_web.mov)

http://www.kinganimations.com/Media/WereSkag%20CGtalk%20post.jpg

*Posted Oct 16th*

Borderlands has just shipped recently, so i have updated my website with a bunch of work from it. If you visit my website - Kinganimations.com (http://www.kinganimations.com) . You can also see other animations that are not in this Reel. *EDIT Only the main ShowREEL link works now due to my web host bandwidth problems. Ill have the other links back up live tonight EDIT*

Vimeo - Borderlands ShowREEL - Vimeo (http://vimeo.com/7615561)
Youtube - Borderlands ShowREEL - Youtube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxAA3rNamtg)

Here are the other links that were pulled from my website:

Spider Ant take down (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmJBAFklrpI)

Skag take down (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=si_CpevNa-4)

Vehicle Exit (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scZPysWGCiA)

Scythid Crawler Creature (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=374uyArdnOc)

Shotgun Blowback (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0ExVIvadh0)

Since I am under NDA for the other games that i am working on, I cant actually show my Demo Reel which contains Aliens Colonial Marines content. So the "ShowReel" that i have linked is a reel of just borderlands animations to show friends and family. Its not something i would use to try and land a job.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v609/squall787/ShowReelCGtalkImage.jpg

mistasam02
11-09-2009, 09:21 PM
THAT WAS AWESOME! Great creature stuff man. That game looks fun!

squall787
11-09-2009, 09:51 PM
Awesome that the first commenter has an arachnid ! haha

Thanks for the comment, ditto to your creature work. I used some arachnid as reference on the 4 legged creature called "spiderant". I would love to animate 8 legs :)

KielFiggins
11-09-2009, 10:23 PM
Fanatastic work all around. Really solid, smooth and heavy motions.

Congrats, excited to see your Alien works when they become available.

Great work man.

squall787
11-09-2009, 10:58 PM
@KielFiggins

Thanks man, I actually have most of your worked saved for reference already. I really enjoy your animation style.

I would love to show my Aliens animations, I am having a fun time animating them. Aliens Colonial Marines actually may be featured in the behind the scenes of the upcoming Aliens Blue-ray movie. They came around and filmed us working, so some of my stuff, as well my face (heh), should be on there. Hopefully I will be able to add that to my site too.

kiittea
11-09-2009, 11:57 PM
Wow .... Brilliant stuff dude. I always find it so hard to animate characters, but when I see works like these I get so inspired .. great job mate

leigh
11-10-2009, 12:43 PM
Awesome stuff man! I LOVE Borderlands and I thought the animation (well, the artwork generally) in the game was absolutely superb. Huge props to you and your colleagues. Plugging this because not only does it kick ass, but we seriously need more game art on the front page.

:buttrock:

RoundRobbin
11-10-2009, 02:04 PM
that is sick dude. you game animators are awesome. The guy falling down isn't as perfect as the stuff b4 it and the creature should be shooting out its venom from below .
This is sick. The fly char is my fave.

Titan
11-10-2009, 02:15 PM
Nice stuff man...grats on Borderlands release!

prayas
11-10-2009, 02:17 PM
I absolutely love it. Been playing borderlands on and off for the last days and really like the character animation in the game. Love the Skaggs animations when they are just playing around and the spiderants are cool. Like the reaction of the characters to hits in the game.

Fine work you showed here and well deserved plug.

P..:

TheNeverman
11-10-2009, 02:52 PM
awesome work Kyle.

Haven't had a chance to check out Borderlands myself, but several people in our TF2 gang (http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?f=2&t=541435&page=1&pp=15)are playing it now and rave about it...

Looking forward to the new AvP, some really nice, high-profile titles you guys are turning out.

wakkamis
11-10-2009, 02:52 PM
Haha. Sledge, ps you guys aren't friends. Great animations!

undoz
11-10-2009, 03:03 PM
Awesome work man! Everything looks very natural and fun.

Alphagsv
11-10-2009, 03:41 PM
Brilliant!!! Well Done.

squall787
11-10-2009, 05:07 PM
@leigh - Thanks for the plug! :bounce: I have had a great time working on Borderlands, we are finishing up the DLC. So when that comes out I will have more animation to post ;)

@Durty - Ya i wish the "spider ant" could of shot goo from below, but the designers had different thoughts than I, heh.

@Titan - Thanks!

@prayas - We still enjoy playing it also haha, glad to hear your having fun. Thanks for the words! I pretty stoaked about getting plugged!

@wakkamis - Ya i had a great time animating him. Was actually the first time i did a hammer slam animation. Never did one back in school haha.

@undoz - Much appreciated!

@Alphagsv - Thanks!

Again thanks for the plug! I had a fun time working on all the borderlands animations and cant wait to show my DLC animations, which should be around Nov 24th so check back for updates :)

Katachi
11-10-2009, 05:19 PM
Just wow! Nothing else to add. Awesome stuff!

MrPositive
11-10-2009, 05:30 PM
Is it me (probably), or are both links down?

Cgtalk, mmmm big and hated by internet servicers worldwide! That should be our new tag line methinks.

WyattHarris
11-10-2009, 05:37 PM
Uhoh, site suspended! Did CGTalk generate too much traffic? :D

squall787
11-10-2009, 05:38 PM

Ya it literally just went down now. Im calling my host to see what the problem is :(

squall787
11-10-2009, 05:39 PM

It seems ... ill need to upload to Youtube - in the process now

Likesyrup
11-10-2009, 05:58 PM
Great work man!

Artbot
11-10-2009, 06:03 PM
uh oh - site is farked. Let us know when it's back up.

phoenix
11-10-2009, 06:13 PM
man cant access the site, love to see the work though

Regards

leigh
11-10-2009, 06:23 PM
Try Vimeo as well, dude.

Daemonecles
11-10-2009, 06:32 PM
Oh nooooo, I really wanted to watch this too :(

squall787
11-10-2009, 06:36 PM
So my web host cannot handle this much traffic... And i have to delete my media files from my ftp to get access to my site back. I thought i would be able to access my files from my ftp, but they are suspended as well. So that means i wont be able to repost my videos until tonight when i get off work :(
I hope that doesn't mean i get un"plugged"

*EDIT* Running by home on lunch to try to fix this

2nd *EDIT* Youtube Link up!

LINK NOW WORKS :) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxAA3rNamtg)

bentllama
11-10-2009, 07:23 PM
nice work. solid. thanks for the reminder that I need to play the shipping version.

squall787
11-10-2009, 07:26 PM
uh oh - site is farked. Let us know when it's back up.

man cant access the site, love to see the work though

Try Vimeo as well, dude.

Oh nooooo, I really wanted to watch this too :(

Cgtalk, mmmm big and hated by internet servicers worldwide! That should be our new tag line methinks.

Just to reiterate to the people who missed out on the link to my website when it was down. New link posted for youtube, Vimeo will be up when their site works also. Their "Logins and sign ups are temporarily disabled." hehe.

Youtube Link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxAA3rNamtg)

WyattHarris
11-10-2009, 08:02 PM
Great job Kyle. The movements are very natural.

danielmoreira
11-10-2009, 09:59 PM
amazing animation! great work, great characters to work...

Locutus
11-10-2009, 10:28 PM
Us Texas folk gotta represent.
Great job on the animations man. Can't wait to play the game.

Cyborgguineapig
11-10-2009, 11:10 PM
great animations!

MrPositive
11-10-2009, 11:23 PM
That's filthy fun. So glad this got plugged. I love the small intricate movements, like the arm having to move under the bar as the big guy gets in the car rig. I'm also impressed that you can pretty much animate anything: robots, big dudes, little dudes, big aliens, little aliens, etc.

MichaWha
11-10-2009, 11:35 PM
That's great, well done !
And Borderlands is a very good game by the way !

CGIPadawan
11-11-2009, 12:03 AM
Now that is some very good animation! :)

I'm working on a short right now myself, and I've been experimenting with key-framing using sequenced thumbnail sketches, and key-framing with rotoscoping of live video.

If you don't mind my asking, what's your general technique? It doesn't look like you had mo-cap on the human actors, so I'm thinking you key-framed it but do you go 100% thumbnail or do you also use rotoscoping (playing a video in the background to follow).

Thanks.

And fantastic reel, again! :scream:

P.S.: And yes, I know the HONEST way is to go 100% thumbnails and keyframe... but I also believe in "fast delivery" so I am interested in methods that achieve a result faster.

Badru
11-11-2009, 12:12 AM
You are doing exactly what I want to be doing, and you are doing it very well.

I'm just starting out fresh out of high school and am trying to feel out what I should be doing as far as educating myself goes.

I have some questions obviously, but since the thread is so bogged down, I completely understand if you don't answer them.

How hard was it to find a job animating for games?

What skills have you found were the most useful for your work?

Would you recommend a background in 2d animation or creating assets for games, or is the most important thing by far 3d?

Thanks

P.S. - Your showreel, as well as the game itself, totally inspire and drive me. Great job.

squall787
11-11-2009, 12:40 AM
nice work. solid. thanks for the reminder that I need to play the shipping version.
Great job Kyle. The movements are very natural.
amazing animation! great work, great characters to work...
Us Texas folk gotta represent.
Great job on the animations man. Can't wait to play the game.
great animations!
That's great, well done !
And Borderlands is a very good game by the way !

Thanks for all the comments guys! They are very much appreciated :)

That's filthy fun. So glad this got plugged. I love the small intricate movements, like the arm having to move under the bar as the big guy gets in the car rig. I'm also impressed that you can pretty much animate anything: robots, big dudes, little dudes, big aliens, little aliens, etc.

Ya I am excited about the plug! I am happy to be able finally share the animations with everyone. NDA's are lame haha. I had to do all the vehicle animations for all 4 characters in the game, and had to do them all in one week >.< so some got more attention than others. I was however, happy to add some of those details specific to his big character. In actuality, I had to break his feet for him to fit in the vehicle, haha. I was really excited about borderlands switching to the concept art style, it gave me a lot of variety in my animations.

TyroneMaddams
11-11-2009, 03:16 AM
Great job buddy, congrats on the plug, well deserved!

Game is prett sweet too :D

- Ty

squall787
11-11-2009, 05:08 AM
Now that is some very good animation! :)

I'm working on a short right now myself, and I've been experimenting with key-framing using sequenced thumbnail sketches, and key-framing with rotoscoping of live video.

If you don't mind my asking, what's your general technique? It doesn't look like you had mo-cap on the human actors, so I'm thinking you key-framed it but do you go 100% thumbnail or do you also use rotoscoping (playing a video in the background to follow).

Thanks.

And fantastic reel, again! :scream:

P.S.: And yes, I know the HONEST way is to go 100% thumbnails and keyframe... but I also believe in "fast delivery" so I am interested in methods that achieve a result faster.

Everything in the reel is hand keyed except the last animation with the guy sitting in the chair. The end of that animation is actually hand keyed as well.
As to the "key-framing using sequenced thumbnail sketches" I assume you mean drawing out your poses before you animate.
I personally don't have time to thumbnail any of my animations out but do sometimes use youtube for reference video. Most of the time I jump around the Animation room like a nut trying to determine what poses to use and what motion looks good. I would most likely thumbnail an animation out if i had the extra time and wasn't under tight deadlines.

As to technique: If im not using Biped, I will block out my key frames just like a 2d animator would, but since I primarily use Biped that comes with 3ds Max, i just block out every 5 frames of the animation as i go.

I have actually never used the rotoscoping method for animation. I like to stick to hand keying my scenes, mostly based on fun. I enjoy hand animating so this is the way i usually animate. But if I needed to produce an animation to look like mocap, then i might use something like rotoscoping.
Also try not to think of rotoscoping as the "wrong" way to animate. Its just a different way. Usually the goal of animation is to over exaggerate motion and emotion. Not to directly copy it.
:)

Thanks for the comment

squall787
11-11-2009, 05:24 AM
You are doing exactly what I want to be doing, and you are doing it very well. I'm just starting out fresh out of high school and am trying to feel out what I should be doing as far as educating myself goes. I have some questions obviously, but since the thread is so bogged down, I completely understand if you don't answer them. How hard was it to find a job animating for games? What skills have you found were the most useful for your work? Would you recommend a background in 2d animation or creating assets for games, or is the most important thing by far 3d? Thanks P.S. - Your showreel, as well as the game itself, totally inspire and drive me. Great job.

Thanks for the comment!

I was in your exact shoes at one point in time also.
When I finished high school, I went to Austin Texas and toured all the video game studios that I could find. Some companies will be honored for you to take interest in what they do and how they do it.
When I went to those studios, I asked as many questions as possible about animation and took pages of notes on what to do to start my career. As well made sure to get all the business cards I could get my hands on for future connections.
Its not extreamly hard to find a job, but when you finally get a portfiolo together of all your work, it can take up to 6 months to get a job.
I personally landed the job at Gearbox Software while still in school. A school will usually invite industry professionals into the school itself to scout new potential. So always make sure your working your hardest :P

As for a schooling, I went to the Art Institute of Dallas. There are other schools that teach art and animation so I suggest you tour those schools and ask the students directly what they think of the education program. The students will give you a lot of interesting answers :) Instead of the “YES! Your just right for our school” that the faculty will tell you.
If your interested in “Animation” specifically, I suggest www.AnimationMentor.com, an online school developed by some of the Pixar animators.

As far as 2d vs 3d. 3d animation is based on all the 2d fundamentals, so its best to have a firm foundation in 2d animation. But not 100% necessary.

Hope this helps :)
Thanks again for taking interest in my work.

gpepper
11-11-2009, 10:50 AM
Great work you and your team !
Borderlands is the game I use to play the most ! until I bought it I use to play to it every night, from 20pm to 2am !
I really need to sleep...
But guys, Thanks for this cool game ! :bowdown:

jipeg
11-11-2009, 11:04 AM
Nice creatures and smooth animations

shtl
11-11-2009, 11:34 AM
Thooses creatures animations are just perfect! Obviously the others are great too. But for exemple, the spiderAnt takedown, it's exellent! Congrats!
Makes me wanna see more of them!

MrPositive
11-11-2009, 01:15 PM
As for a schooling, I went to the Art Institute of Dallas.

Can I ask how much you self taught yourself animation and how developed their respective animation program was for you? AI receives considerable hate on here, but I find that the AI's are very random in overall quality.

squall787
11-11-2009, 04:53 PM
Can I ask how much you self taught yourself animation and how developed their respective animation program was for you? AI receives considerable hate on here, but I find that the AI's are very random in overall quality.

Ya, AI does have different quality at each one, and it does cost a lot of money. I attended the one in Dallas for 3 years and received a 4 year Bachelors. Its an accelerated school, so its classes are year round. I also learned how to many things other than just animate. I enjoy being able to design my own webpage, edit music, edit video, animate, model, texture, and draw. I learned many design principles that i did not know prior to college as well many other things.
(some teachers will welcome being a mentor if you ask them)
If your looking to JUST animate, i recommend the Animation Mentor link, I will probably continue my education in animating with that school.

I did have to teach myself a good amount of things too, but if you love what you do, you are already learning on your own. I really started teaching myself back in high school, and have been in an art classes every year since elementary school. A good example of self teaching could actually be seen during every class. I made sure to push myself and try to have the highest quality of art every time we met for class. Doing so meant many online tutorials and researching animation techniques :) As well ALWAYS looked for the best in the industry and strive to meet that quality. To this day I still collect animations from all over the web for reference.

A lot of the teachers at AI have awesome knowledge, but sometimes you have to continue to pester them to get your money's worth. Basically they are not going to spoon feed you how to animate (in total i took 4 animation classes in 3 years), and some of the classes are complete rubbish. Some people say its the exact same as going to a regular college, you learn what you want to learn. I also suggest getting some of your basic classes out of the way at a community college so it doesn't cost so much. Because AI definitely over charges on the basic classes.

dude5487
11-11-2009, 06:41 PM
Great job Kyle! It is awesome to see raw animation from the Game of The Year!!!

Snake Eyess
11-11-2009, 08:01 PM
That was just plain SWEET to watch :D
Loved it as well as the game...I was actually watching one of those spiderants through a sniper rifle the other day..rather interesting animation :D

btw...(a lil off topic here) do you now if any of the Gearbox guys have read any of the suggestions on the official gearbox/borderlands forum??

Congrats again ;)

squall787
11-11-2009, 08:35 PM
btw...(a lil off topic here) do you now if any of the Gearbox guys have read any of the suggestions on the official gearbox/borderlands forum??

Congrats again ;)

Ya we really try to take advantage of the forums and try to listen to the customer as much as possible. :)
Lots of times suggestions make it into the game. ( if they are good enough :) )

ofn
11-11-2009, 08:56 PM
Great job . a very nice animating .
keep it up.

Badru
11-11-2009, 10:33 PM
Thanks Kyle. You answered my question really well, and have therefore baited me to ask you more. So, sorry, but big rant incoming:

I'm actually already in a CG program at an art school in NYC, based on research done last year, but I feel like I might want to transfer for several reasons.

1. Not really impressed by animation (specifically animation) that comes out of this program now that I look much closer.
2. Very little to no opportunities to take 2d animation courses (no core 2d animation courses, so I would have to use one of my very few electives in later years).
3. I've found almost zero passion for video games being here. Faculty and students talk pretty much exclusively about film and advertisement. Only one teacher has ever worked in games, and he teaches the only class that has anything to do with games. I am relatively uninterested in working in film or advertisement.
4. Extremely limited foundational art training. I had to drop my crappy lit class to take painting. Otherwise all I would get is drawing. I'm not at art school to learn programs.
5. There are, I think, 4 game companies total in NYC. This means my internships and connections will be in the wrong industry, and my faculty are experienced in the wrong industry.
6. I am going to have extensive required courses in Visual Effects for video, which I am not really so interested in.

I'm thinking of transferring to Digipen next year (surprisingly, since I totally excluded them from my list last year based on the idea that they aren't a real art school). They produce better animation (specifically animation...), and require 2 semesters of 2d animation courses taught by Disney veterans (I feel like these two facts are connected). I will find no lack of passion about games there, obviously. I also will be back in Seattle, a major games industry center, and my home town. And I will get to take game design courses instead of visual effects courses (digipen is, I think, pretty respected for its game design, unlike most games programs). And game design is actually something that kind of interests me as a career choice.

Digipen will also let me minor in other passions of mine (Physics, Creative Writing), and let me take math and science classes that aren't a total waste of my time. This isn't really helpful career wise, but I want to feel stimulated at school, personally.

I wont find a lot of traditional art stuff there, and will largely find myself painting in my free time rather than for school, but hey -- I wont get to take those here either, right? So whats the loss?

Well, the loss is that the CG teachers at Digipen are significantly less experienced than those I will learn from here in NYC. If I stay here, I can expect tutelage from people working at companies like Blue Sky and Dreamworks, Psyops, etc. If I go to Digipen, one of the CG teachers comes from some defense contractor simulation company, one worked on sly cooper, etc. Much less impressive.

Also, teachers at Digipen are teachers. Teachers at my current school all work in their respective industries. This means they have up to date information, but also may mean they care less about their job as a teacher and are worse at actually teaching.

So heres what it comes down to:
I know that people constantly say that the school you go to needs to have people currently working in the industry. I am pretty sure this is so you can learn contemporary professional practices from them. However, is it better to get a strong foundation and stay stimulated and passionate?

From your point of view, not having left school too long ago, is it really a total deal breaker if my CG teachers haven't worked in the industry for several years? Can't I get myself up to date through places like CGtalk, and through internships?

Thanks,

Kevin

claudiasutton
11-11-2009, 11:20 PM
These are awesome. Very impressive indeed. And Borderlands was so fun.

Cheers,

Snake Eyess
11-12-2009, 08:34 AM
Thanks for that reply squall787

I have to say there are ALOT of similar suggestions on the page that arn't IMPOSSIBLE to implement into the game, and good to know that Gearbox is actually paying attention to some of the feedback (unlike another company that just dont care)

Who knows, soon you might be animating Mordachai or Brick jumping onto a motorbike, or into a 4 man Truck ;)

well done once again! :thumbsup:

simyevil2010
11-12-2009, 08:50 AM
really very very nice movit i like it 2 much the modeling but tell me can u upload 1 movie 4 u ????

good luck 4 ever :thumbsup:

TheCheshireCat
11-12-2009, 12:25 PM
Cool stuff, the animation is excellent.

squall787
11-12-2009, 06:31 PM
From your point of view, not having left school too long ago, is it really a total deal breaker if my CG teachers haven't worked in the industry for several years? Can't I get myself up to date through places like CGtalk, and through internships?

Thanks,

Kevin

A shorter reply this time ;)

Most of my teachers at AID were not in the gaming field at all actually. They all worked in the "art" industry at one point, but none were in gaming when i went through school. Since I have graduated, the school has made a point to hire people who are in the field right now. I think it takes a little of both, you need a teacher who knows how to teach but may be a yr or so out of date (no longer) and also have people who are just passionate about what they do and are still in the industry. Hopefully you can find a balance between teachers and professionals who teach. I think cg talk and other websites will keep you up to date, but it seems to me that most (not all) but most people who self teach, are less educated than those who actually goto school. OBVIOUSLY there are exceptions, but thats normally what i personally have noticed. Tyson Ibele is a perfect example, http://www.tysonibele.com/, he has self taught himself with out a college degree. I love his animations and his work, but sometimes i think he could benefit from a college education. I hope he does not take that in a negative way at all lol (im not shitting on his work in any way, I have actually followed his career for over 4 years, his work is pretty amazing) . I'm simply saying sometimes schools teach you things you cant get on the internet. :)

squall787
11-12-2009, 07:02 PM
Thanks for that reply squall787

I have to say there are ALOT of similar suggestions on the page that arn't IMPOSSIBLE to implement into the game, and good to know that Gearbox is actually paying attention to some of the feedback (unlike another company that just dont care)

Who knows, soon you might be animating Mordachai or Brick jumping onto a motorbike, or into a 4 man Truck ;)

well done once again! :thumbsup:

I would indeed enjoy animating a motorbike and a truck. As well all the animations of the characters getting in and out.

Badru
11-14-2009, 03:50 AM
Thanks Kyle.

Lambchopo
11-14-2009, 07:19 PM
Nice! I esp digged the mission greetings robot anim.

squall787
11-15-2009, 03:40 AM
Website is fully functioning now that Vimeo is finally back up.
Vimeo - Borderlands ShowREEL - Vimeo (http://vimeo.com/7615561)
Website - (http://www.kinganimations.com)www.kinganimations.com (http://www.kinganimations.com)

Thank you everyone for your comments! I have enjoyed reading and replying. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

The first installment of download-able content for Borderlands will be available soon, and as soon as it is, I will be able to release my animations from that as well.

First Borderlands DLC Involves, Yep, Zombies (http://kotaku.com/5382845/first-borderlands-dlc-involves-yep-zombies)

dude5487
11-16-2009, 11:36 PM
I cannot wait for new DLC! Thx for the heads up :).

Veizer
11-20-2009, 06:18 PM
Great work! Really enjoyed the game.
Is it me or the renders in the reel don't have the same look as the game I mean the shader?

squall787
11-20-2009, 06:59 PM
Great work! Really enjoyed the game.
Is it me or the renders in the reel don't have the same look as the game I mean the shader?

Ya there is post processing in the game, and some of the textures I used for the reel are different than some in the final game. I also lit everything in 3ds Max and did not use any spec maps or normal maps. All i used was 3 point lighting and the diffuse maps.

Thanks for the comment!

Veizer
11-20-2009, 09:41 PM
Ya there is post processing in the game, and some of the textures I used for the reel are different than some in the final game. I also lit everything in 3ds Max and did not use any spec maps or normal maps. All i used was 3 point lighting and the diffuse maps.

Thanks for the comment!
Thanks for the info. So that means that all the concept art look that was decided later in developement was a post process? Did that decission afect your work or of other members in the studio?

squall787
11-20-2009, 10:24 PM
Thanks for the info. So that means that all the concept art look that was decided later in developement was a post process? Did that decission afect your work or of other members in the studio?

Not exactly, the post processing was mostly the dark black lines around the environment. There was actually a LOT of work to be done by the artists, just about ALL the textures had to be re-drawn over, to get the concept look (like i wrote earlier, the textures on my show reel are not the latest the game had). Except for a couple, all the characters and creatures were completely remodeled.

And the decision to change the art style did effect all the animators as well. We went from realistic animations to more exaggerated motions. The game was just about re-made in 8 months haha.

Snake Eyess
11-24-2009, 08:44 AM
and re-made betterer :P

squall787
12-04-2009, 06:37 AM
So the latest Borderlands DLC is released, and i have some work to show from it, but i am busy animating 14 hours a day ... this is all i have time to post at the moment :) but enjoy !

WereSkag Title Card Intro (http://www.kinganimations.com/Media/wereskag_intro_web.mov)

http://www.kinganimations.com/Media/WereSkag%20CGtalk%20post.jpg

gpepper
12-04-2009, 09:14 AM
I enjoyed the game a lot ! I finished it twice and I am a soldier level 50... It is too bad that levels are limited...
The Dr Ned Island pack is fun but the level of the zombies is very low when you haven't finished the game a second time...
Anyway, you did a great job and I enjoy watching your animations !
I hope to see another extension very soon !
see ya !

CGTalk Moderation
12-04-2009, 09:14 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.