PDA

View Full Version : Vanishing Ecosystem Rocks

arvindsond
11-09-2009, 01:02 PM
Hi all

Has anyone had any problems with vanishing ecosystem rocks?
I left a render over the wkend, it rendered fine. Started tweaking the material, and the ecosystem rocks vanished. Reloaded the file and tried the previous file aswell, and the rocks just don't seem to be there???

Does anyone know of a fix for this?

Thx in advance

Arvind!

bruno021
11-09-2009, 01:57 PM
Yeah, I've had it, a few times. It's not only rocks. If you make some changes to a material when your ecosystems are populated, it happens that one layer population is reset to zero. I've filed in a bug report, but haven't heard back from e-on.
Always make sure you repopulate everything before rendering.

arvindsond
11-09-2009, 02:38 PM
Thx for the speedy reply Bruno, I just have on elast question for you at the moment, as you seem to be the person to talk tp about Vue, and it doesn;t seem very clear in the documentation as to what I'm meant to do.

The problem is the materials for the ecosystems, I keep changing and adjusting the material under 'Ecosystem Materials' in the materials tab. However at render time they're not looking any different, so I'm starting to wonder which material actually affects what the ecosystem rock is looking like???

- Is it under the 'Ecosystem Materials' under materials tab
- Is it under the 'variable color' section under the color tab for the ecosystem layer in the main materials ui (would I have to tick the 'variable color' box and right click and edit function to add a texture map???) - this seems really long winded though
Thx again for your help, I promise you, I am getting the hang of the program :-)

Arvind!

arvindsond
11-09-2009, 03:22 PM
It's ok Bruno021, I think I've dolved it, the material is working under 'Ecosystem Materials' as I put a grey default shader in and all the rocks went grey, it was the lighting that was affecting the overal color of the rocks, but I have adjusted the texture map in photoshop to compensate.

Thx again

Arvind!

CGTalk Moderation
11-09-2009, 03:22 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.