PDA

View Full Version : samplerInfo Node

longrayjohnson
11-08-2009, 10:20 AM
how can i use a triangles orientation to influence the shading. like with the samplerInfo - node and facing ration, but not use the camera normal, but let's say the difference between normal and y axis. shading the surface brighter, as it bends upwards. can i use the sampler info node somehow ?

tostao_wayne
11-08-2009, 10:22 AM
how can i use a triangles orientation to influence the shading. like with the samplerInfo - node and facing ration, but not use the camera normal, but let's say the difference between normal and y axis. shading the surface brighter, as it bends upwards. can i use the sampler info node somehow ?

Use snow texture node

caro
11-08-2009, 03:53 PM
If you were using Mental Ray I'd recommend JS_Incidence. You can download it from http://www.pixero.com/downloads_mr.html

longrayjohnson
11-09-2009, 04:47 AM
thank you both ! that JS shader works like a charm ! the snow shader unfortunately only does y axis.

tostao_wayne
11-09-2009, 06:35 AM
thank you both ! that JS shader works like a charm ! the snow shader unfortunately only does y axis.

you can rotate the snow 3d texture placement node in any direction to get your desired orientation

longrayjohnson
11-09-2009, 05:04 PM
oh right ! that's neat ! cheers

CGTalk Moderation
11-09-2009, 05:04 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.