PDA

View Full Version : 3D animation war movie

pubudud
11-08-2009, 10:45 AM
Animation Link- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBoxT-yeYeA
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBoxT-yeYeA)

Also You can watch the video by clicking the imagehttp://img233.imageshack.us/img233/470/35724897.jpg (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBoxT-yeYeA)

Click the image to watch the video

googboog8
11-09-2009, 05:01 AM
nice work, i can clearly see that you've put a lot of effort into this, there are a few bugs here and there but overall, it's really good

keep it up :)

simyevil2010
11-09-2009, 08:59 AM
what is that amazing :

modeling
moving
music
light
texturs ...... anything is very good but i thing u make size the vedio is smole ?? bec the detalis is not claer

good luck 4 ever :beer:

pubudud
11-09-2009, 01:23 PM
Thanx googboog8 . ya there're few bugs that im going to adjust in d full version of the video..i did this with limited resources..n self learning the software (Read the video description for more info) since here in sri lanka there is no proper academic system for 3d animation..

nice work, i can clearly see that you've put a lot of effort into this, there are a few bugs here and there but overall, it's really good

keep it up :)

pubudud
11-09-2009, 01:25 PM
ya the size is bit small i reduced it to upload to youtube..thnx for the compliments what is that amazing :

modeling
moving
music
light
texturs ...... anything is very good but i thing u make size the vedio is smole ?? bec the detalis is not claer

good luck 4 ever :beer:

pubudud
11-10-2009, 03:38 PM
hii all

thank you very much for every one who have commented. and i want to get more critisicms to improve my creations so please comment and help me

Pubudud

dfreeze
11-11-2009, 02:47 AM
Hey mait

i saw aome cool stuff frm u...great going ey. keep it up...hey how long it took for the whole thing??

pubudud
11-11-2009, 03:00 AM
Guys plz criticize..............

pubudud
11-11-2009, 04:01 AM
Guys. pls dont watch n go..i've put this to gather more ideas from experts like u guys.

pubudud
11-11-2009, 05:27 AM
common guys is this that bad or so perfect...common now..comment

mostro32
11-11-2009, 06:53 AM
Hey there! It looks really great m8. I think you have done a great job all in all. How long did the project take you to complete?

I think it all looks quite good. If i had to criticize it I would say that:

- the tires on the cars shake too much when the cars stop.
- The muscle dude near the end that jumps on the gun could do with a re-texturing as his body looks high poly but his texture makes him look like he was run over.
- I think you should try to use a different method of compression as you shouldn't be able to see all those pixels and distortions that you have on the images.

I think you did a really good job and you made me punch the table in anger when it said "to be continued" as i was really getting into it!! :) :)

Can't wait to see the next one!

pubudud
11-11-2009, 12:13 PM
hey thanx defreeze ..for your comment. well it took something like 7 months to do this..with limited performance of ma machine

dfreeze
11-11-2009, 01:03 PM
Hii

ya i can c that ...the mach spec ..ya cool mait...do more stuff n upload ..gud luck

pubudud
11-12-2009, 03:58 AM
hii visitors plz make some feedback

fabittar
11-12-2009, 12:08 PM
Very cool. And a certified herculean effort, so you have both my thumbs up.

pubudud
11-12-2009, 12:34 PM
hii fabitter

Thanx for all your commentz...ya currently im working on the whole movie..with better quality.. n better looks with proper backgrounds. and i will be uploading it soon. hey could u pls help me on this compression method!! do u knw a good one whr the quality of the video is preserved pls help me on that. thnx mait...hope u copy soon.

pubudud
11-12-2009, 12:35 PM
hey thnx buddy will be released soonHey there! It looks really great m8. I think you have done a great job all in all. How long did the project take you to complete?

I think it all looks quite good. If i had to criticize it I would say that:

- the tires on the cars shake too much when the cars stop.
- The muscle dude near the end that jumps on the gun could do with a re-texturing as his body looks high poly but his texture makes him look like he was run over.
- I think you should try to use a different method of compression as you shouldn't be able to see all those pixels and distortions that you have on the images.

I think you did a really good job and you made me punch the table in anger when it said "to be continued" as i was really getting into it!! :) :)

Can't wait to see the next one!

grury
11-12-2009, 02:48 PM
It sure is a crazy amount of work. Would be good to give more details about the project. Was this a team work or a one man show?

Overall it looks fine, altho the crazy camera movements completly spoils it for me.
I just find it annoying when cameras are over done and totally unrealistic, they bring nothing to the story, just a distraction.

Congratualations never the less.

Gru

pubudud
11-12-2009, 03:09 PM
yea u can have more information on youtube video description. the whole thing was done by me. yea sm may feel ma camera movements.. but all these i do by self learning,,, and i will fine tune all these in the future,,, as i said u can get much more detailed info frm the youtube description

pubudud
11-13-2009, 07:54 AM
Thnx ferbitto.. thank u very much

ofn
11-13-2009, 10:21 AM
great job !
i like lighting and animating .
well done.

dfreeze
11-13-2009, 12:10 PM
no prob mait..

pubudud
11-14-2009, 04:58 AM
Thanx uys for the commentz up o now..

pubudud
11-14-2009, 01:28 PM
thz is d best animation forum ever

pubudud
11-14-2009, 04:39 PM
plz comment

dfreeze
11-14-2009, 05:08 PM
hey man

when are you gonna release part 2??

zbavas
11-15-2009, 01:44 AM
Hey Pubudu,

Firstly I'd like to say you've done a great job, and especially with the resources you have. Well done.
If I had any critiques I'd say I didn't get why the cars steering erratically in the beginning of the clip. For me there are too many jarring camera moves. I loved a lot of them, but I felt I needed some orientation. The muscle dude, he needs some work with the textures I think. His upper body looked a bit stiff, if you could get some deformation happening there that would be great. That may be heaps of work though. I loved the flapping clothes from the wind of the helicopter and when the guys were on the boat.
Great work though. Thanks for posting your clip.

Zac

pubudud
11-15-2009, 03:23 AM
hi defreeze

Well it will be released soon ..still under construction,

pubudud
11-15-2009, 06:50 AM
hey thanx for the compliments...yep there r few bugs i've need to ajust...which i will rectify in ma final reel for this video. hey could you plz help me with some ood compression method where i wont loose quality of the video... thnx again

pubudud
11-15-2009, 09:41 AM
thnx guys for the critics up to now..but need some more

pubudud
11-15-2009, 02:16 PM
is waiting for more critics

lipuster
11-16-2009, 02:53 AM
dude, first of all..insane amount of work..don't know how you managed to do it.animation, models, lighting and effects are top notch...but camera work needs tons of improvement.like someone said, after a point it gets irritating.u have to use the movement on specific areas, say when the fight happens...just then.then bang comes the impact.overall, the only area that really needs improvement is the editing.there was no rhythm on it.and editing is most important.especially on one man shows like yours.ur story telling is more important than your animation, etc.hopefully ull pay more attention to this next time and create even more killer masterpieces.nevertheless, kickass work!!

dfreeze
11-16-2009, 05:39 AM
YEP THIS WAZ HALF DONE... Still the full version is on the way n i'll post here next year.the real story is dare. thz z just the middle of the story so no rythem at all but ...ya its true my camera movements need to improve. thz is an self learning experiment..cus i've to learn by my self...thanx again fpr the commentz

pubudud
11-16-2009, 06:07 AM
yeaaaaaaaaa the necessary adjustments will be done .....

pubudud
11-16-2009, 06:11 AM
hiii please help me by making comments.......

pubudud
11-16-2009, 09:39 AM
Guyz guyz plz comment

pubudud
11-17-2009, 03:10 AM
Sorry for the inconvenience ...i"ve accidently post a new thread which i did intended to post as a comment. so sorry but i cant find a way to delete it.

pubudud
11-17-2009, 09:38 AM
thnx for every one who have commented

pubudud
11-17-2009, 12:49 PM
PPL whr r u??

grury
11-18-2009, 10:19 AM
Dude, no need for the continuous posting bumping the thread.
In a nutshell... everyone is impressed with the amount of work you put on this, but perhaps you should concentrate on doing something a little shorter that looks really good, rather than a very lenghty piece thats average, due to time constrains.

pubudud
11-19-2009, 02:51 AM
thank you for the comment.....yup i will post the full version....it will be lengthier than this but it wont be average....

pubudud
11-19-2009, 09:50 AM
tomorrow the 20th of november will be a very big day for me n this video

pubudud
11-19-2009, 01:46 PM
waiting till tmr>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Kalasfixaren
11-19-2009, 02:01 PM
Honestly the video is terrible. I can see that you've put alot of time and effort into this but the result is not good looking. It's obvious that you've learned the programs functions by now. I would recommend focusing on making 20 seconds of animation look great instead of making a very ambitious 4 minute project.

The camera work above all was horrible and almost left me with a feeling of motion sickness. Character animation was good at times but it almost looked like it could've been mocap data from somewhere. If not then take it as praise I guess!

Oh and you forgot to log out with your dupe account dfreeze

Hey mait

i saw aome cool stuff frm u...great going ey. keep it up...hey how long it took for the whole thing??

YEP THIS WAZ HALF DONE... Still the full version is on the way n i'll post here next year.the real story is dare. thz z just the middle of the story so no rythem at all but ...ya its true my camera movements need to improve. thz is an self learning experiment..cus i've to learn by my self...thanx again fpr the commentz

hmm? :curious:

alviniss
11-20-2009, 12:21 AM
Ah wtf,

anyway, i see no motion blur and that makes it look realistic.
approaches that "hand held video" look.
using motion blur makes things more film-like.
but not realistic.

vfx
11-21-2009, 10:38 AM
I agree mainly with Carlos.

I'm not quite sure what you're trying to say with this video.. are you wanting to be a director, a modeller, an animator? Its not at all clear because no one area stands out from the rest.

As it is, it just drags on and I soon got fed up with the low quality, it kind of felt like you'd taken an old game saved out a bunch of clips and edited it into one big war scene orgy. Here are my suggestions...

Go back over your favourite scenes, and treat them with a little more special love. Increase your anti aliasing and rework your lighting. Then edit together just the handful of shot.

I'd also take another look at the camera animation and the character animation.. if you want to make an impressive war scene these 2 are very important and need a lot of attention. They must not annoy the audience or attract unwanted attention.

I'd also seriously loose the muscley guy - that was one nasty model!

I see Escape have shortlisted you - best of luck.

Oh and STOP bumping your thread.. the MODS will soon catch on and you're account will disappear - play nice and you'll get more respect.

leonlabyk
11-21-2009, 12:22 PM
Props on your commitment on this as it is a lot of work as everyone can see. I think the main thing letting the piece down are the textures, lighting and cameras. If you really worked on these areas I think you could up the quality of the piece and it would make a massive difference. Personally I would be using textures from photo images to speed up the texture process and get a more realistic feel as they look a bit ugly to me at the moment. For the desert it might be an idea to use satellite images of a large desert area. You could try google maps for this but you would need to get in close and screen grab the images. You could then use these by matching them up to create large high res texture for the desert. That said even a medium res texture would be a massive improvement on the current one. With regards to the lighting I would look into mia physical sun. I am a Maya user and not Max but I think it may work with max and mental ray and may well be worth looking into. You will need to sort out the gamma correction as well as fine tuning it but it can help get much better lighting with a scene like this. I am sure you will be able to find some good documentation on this though.
If you can I would spend 1 month on creating some realistic textures on all the objects and a couple of days on setting up physical sun if it is available.

As said before the level commitment you have put in is inspiring but up the quality of the suggested areas and you will have a far better short.

Good luck and all the best,

Leon

CGTalk Moderation
11-21-2009, 12:22 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.