PDA

View Full Version : Network rendering question

Irakli
11-07-2009, 07:18 PM
Hi all...
I'm trying to render over network with backburner but I get this erros and warnings :

WRN Task error from machine-One
ERR Job'Project' (cmd Application) failed for machine1
ERR Error message: Process exited with error code (211) on '// Maya exited with status 209'
WRN Server machine-One flagged as failed for jo 'Projectjob'
for all 3 machines

OS - Windows Vista. I've done ping test and it works fine.
Manager says that all servers are registered.
As I've understood fails batch render application on each machine but I don't know why and how to solve this problem.

Irakli
11-09-2009, 11:10 AM
I've solved the problem!

TheNeverman
11-11-2009, 07:16 PM
why not share your solution? could be useful to others...

Irakli
11-11-2009, 09:16 PM
why not share your solution? could be useful to others...

OK. :) I'm sorry. Nobody hed asked.

The problem was - how the project was seted. Most improtant thing is to share your project folder over the network and all clients must have read and write permissions inside. But there is one thing that I didn't know - the project must be set over the network. I mean File->Project->Set... . And then you should set your project not local e.g. C:\Maya_Projects\MyProject. You should set \\YourPC\Maya_Projects\MyProject instead. That's it. That was the problem.

Here is very useful docs http://download.autodesk.com/us/systemdocs/pdf/backburner2008.1_user_guide.pdf

CGTalk Moderation
11-11-2009, 09:16 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.