PDA

View Full Version : animation: runcycle

clusterfuq
08-17-2003, 12:08 PM
sorry its another runcycle! just wanted to get some feedback on it. supposed to be quite cartoony, not ultra realistic, and the character is just a simple rig to practice with, nothing special.

cheers

http://www.44t4.com/44t4Run1.mov

Ebola0001
08-18-2003, 03:22 AM
well to me it comes off as hunchback and trundeling, good for a cuddly fat characvter but with the "doll" as thin aqs it is, it come off as strange... thin figures throw more weight forward with thei arm/ shoulder before the leg swings forward to catch it,

the arms animation needs to be advanced a quarter cycle so it just start to move backwards as its foot hits,

right now the left arm moves forward as the right foot does, it would be forward when the foot is halfway and starting its back swing as the leg lands

those are my only crits

mehdianim
08-18-2003, 06:03 AM
I think it looks fine for the style. You could try opening the hands and have them swing back and forth at each extreme to loosen it up. You might also slow down the run a bit to do that

clusterfuq
08-18-2003, 12:32 PM
all points taken on board, cheers guys, update soooon. to be honest i wasnt really thinking about making the run fit the character, instead really trying to give him some weight, but i can see how that would look wierd.

do you think i need some squash/stretch down the spine?

and should the head remain straighter? this is my first go so playing it by ear

cheers

cf

disrupt
08-18-2003, 09:06 PM
The speed of this run is pretty fast. And that's not reflected in your animation. I think he needs to be leaned forward a lot more. And the faster you run, the less your hips go up and down. Is he supposed to be so hunchy? He looks very uncomfortable. His feet spend too much time in front of him. He needs to get a push from a straight leg in the back. I think the contact pose is the problem. Just before he leaves the ground with his leg behind him, he should look like he's pushing off. Straighten that leg out, and roll his foot, just keeping his toes on the ground. I also think that the highest point in this run should be when both feet are off the ground. He goes from the contact position and then his hips drop imediately. They should go up when both feet are off the ground, and then back down to contact with his front foot.

Just my observations

AroundTheFur
08-20-2003, 07:54 AM
the shoulder neck and head look very stiff in comparison to the rest of the body. it is awefully fast as well, maybe try to slow it down a little bit. the only way to look at it is frame by frame right now.

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 10:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.