PDA

View Full Version : [critique] Pfil, profile

kamui-kun
11-06-2009, 12:59 PM
Hi :)

Here's a drawing of Pfil, a manga character, I did a few days ago..

Actually, I've submited this drawing to the gallery, and it was not accepted T.T is it that bad ? :p

So, I'm here to have a little critique about this drawing... what do you think about it ?

For the process, I first did a pencil sketch on paper, then scanned it with my D90, and finally added the inking & colors with Photoshop CS4.

Thanks in advance :)

http://features.cgsociety.org/newgallerycrits/g89/398989/398989_1257876296_large.jpg

kamui-kun
11-10-2009, 06:08 PM
Anyone ? :blush:
So, it IS that bad after all ... :cry:

DArcy1
11-10-2009, 09:41 PM
It's not so much that it is bad, it's just that it's basically a rough sketch, not a finished work. Rough sketches don't go in the gallery; it's intended to showcase your absolute best work. So, it's nice enough, but a rather run-of-the-mill manga cliche. Spend some time thinking about who the character is, their story, what you want to communicate, etc. Then draw the rest of the character. Think of the pose, the dynamics, clothing, etc. Post steps along the way along with what specifically you want help with (not just "what do you think?") and then people will reply.

Cheers

D'Arcy

kamui-kun
11-11-2009, 08:45 AM
Thanks for your reply :)

I see your point, its true that there is no story in this drawing... Actually, I'm kind of new to the manga drawing style, so I wanted some comments about the quality of the design, the rendering, this kind of stuff...

But you're right, this drawing is very simple, its more a design than a completed drawing, and don't deserve to go to the gallery. I'll try next time to work more on the "story" side, thanks for the advice :)

DArcy1
11-11-2009, 07:08 PM
Anytime :-)

D.

CGTalk Moderation
11-11-2009, 07:08 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.